26

"We'll before we wrap up, Ms. Evans, I was looking over your charts and it appears your conception date was miscalculated. Based on the growth of the baby, it's ahead of the time span of you would've conceived at the original due date." Are they serious? This can not be real.

"Are you positive?" I ask feeling like I'm on the brink of a breakdown. "We've triple checked."

"Damn man."

"We're sorry but on a good note, the baby is healthy and progressing as he should."

"That's great." I smile when I really want to cry. I want to ball my eyes out. I muster up the courage and take my walk of shame. I feel like I'm 18 all over again finding out I'm pregnant for the first time. I wasn't scared then but I'm shook as hell now.

I pull out the lot and notice my stomach is growling. I ride up to this barbecue spot close to the house. Before hopping out the prison number pops up. It's more than likely Dom.

"Asia Evans." Dom says as soon as the call comes through, "What's up?" I answer turning the car off. "Where you at? How was your appointment?"

"It was what it was." I sigh having to this about that shit all over again. "The baby alright?" He asks. "Yeah, he's fine."

"So why you sound like that?" He asks. "My date was wrong." Dom laughs, "And you sound like it's the end of the world, for what?" He asks sounding annoyed. "Because I'm annoyed as hell. How the fuck do you give a wrong date."

"If the baby healthy and happy then what's the probably. Chris must be acting stupid? I got somebody to handle that shit."

"No, Dom! That's not even a problem."

"Well what is? You trippin. The nigga still playing daddy. The baby is healthy, maybe it's you and them damn hormones." 

"He ain't playing daddy anymore." I mumble. "What you say?" Dom asks. "Nothing, I know you didn't call to just ask me about my hormones." I say. "Man chill out. I can finally have visitors, come see me."

"When?"

"Today."

"I may be able too. I have to see about that." I respond not feeling up to visiting him. I just wanna climb in bed and sleep. "Alright then. I gotta go so maybe I'll see you today, tomorrow... Just make sure you come see your brothers." He says.

"I will. I promise. If I can't today then I'll come tomorrow for sure. I'm just not feeling it today."

"Alright. Love you."

"I love you too."

We hang up and I head inside the restaurant. After ordering my plate I take a seat and sit down at the table waiting for my food to be cooked.

Chris: We miss you. How your appointment going?:

:I'm done now, picking up some to eat and then I'll be back home. Is Chrissy still sleep?:

Chris: Knocked out. I'm waiting on you to take my nap.:

I laugh, :I'll be there soon.:

We're just getting back on track. Things have been good between us. Maybe it's better he doesn't know and just thinks he does. That could complicate things but telling him would do the same thing. This shit isn't a win, win.

***

"I'm stuffed." I turn to my side, laying face to face with Chris. "What did the doctor say?" Chris asks. "Same o same."

"Damn it's wild to think it's going to be another Lil one running around here."

"He won't be running anytime soon."