14

"Dom I'm going home." I say for the tenth time today. "Asia!" He yells for the tenth time. "Dom you can't hold us hostage!"

"Sit yo ass down."

I roll my eyes sitting down on the sofa. "Chrissy." I call out. She's a little too quiet. "Come."  She says. She appears in front of me. "Tell your Uncle to let us leave."

"Don't tell her to tell me that." Dom says coming into the living room. "Well let us leave."

"You ain't going back to that."

"Dom at least let me go get our stuff."

"Me and Mon are about to leave. Crystal is gone for the day, you're stuck here." An idea pops inside my mind, but I know his ass isn't going to go for it. So it'll just have to be made happen once they leave. "Dominique."

"I said what I said and that's that."

"Dom you do know I'm a grown woman with a whole child of my own."

"Ask me do I care? You're still my little sister, grown or not. I'll take you later."

"Are you doing this because of Chris?"

"You would know if this was about him."

"Then what is it Dom?"

"That nigga still got shootas out there, Asia. I ain't about to risk it."

I roll my eyes, "He might be a trifflin' dog but he ain't stupid, Rock knows how y'all are."

"He KNEW." he says putting an emphasis on it. They didn't even say anything to me. "They still wouldn't come after me." Dom sighs looking annoyed as hell but I could care less. I'm not sitting in the house today. I've been posted up here since all this shit started. This put my whole life on pause.

"Asia just relax, alright."

"Whatever Dom."

Montez finally walks down the stairs. "I'm ready."

"Finally nigga. I'll call you Asia." Dom says as they walk out the door. I get and walk around the house for a few minutes with Chrissy watching my every move. He took my keys!

I grab my phone and call Chris. "What's up?" He says answering the phone. "Hey, you busy?" I ask. "Nah not really. What's up?"

"Would it a lot of me to ask for a favor?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on what you want?"

I playfully roll my eyes as if he could see me. "I need to go to Rock place and get my stuff. My brothers are tripping about me going by myself." 

"I got you. Chrissy with you?"

"Yup."

"Cool. I miss her. I'm on my way."

"Alright."

I gather her sprawled out clothes she took out of her bag and place them back inside. I double check the both us to make were decent and stain free.

It's takes him less than ten minutes to pull up. We head outside and get in the car. "What's up?" I speaking buckling myself in.

"What's up?" He speaks back casually. I glance over at his face and it's blank actually. Not a smile or frown in sight, just a plain blank face. "So you still remember where it's at or do I need to tell you?" I ask.

"I got it."

"Okay... I could've just went alone but they dealt with you know who and just don't want any retaliation." I say feeling the need to explain myself to him and why I called him over in the first place.

He nods his head, "Nothing is going to happen to either of you while you're with me. Trust that."

"If my brothers weren't so stubborn and set in their ways I could've been done with this and back on my own."

"Must be where you get it from and it's a protective thing. A street thing. It's codes to follow and go by. Just because they was justified with it in this sense, his folks ain't gone care bout that." I'm still stuck on the first half of the sentence. "I'm stubborn to you?"

He looks at me with an "are you serious" expression. "Asia did you really just ask me that?"

"Yes because I'm not stubborn."

He laughs, "You're the definition of stubborn."

"No I'm not."

"Sure you aren't. You just like yo brothers."

I laugh, "Lies you tell Christopher."

"Christopher." He mocks the way I just said it, "Why you say it like that?" He asks. "What's wrong with the way I said it?" I ask back. "Had a lil twang to it."

"No it didn't."

"I know what I heard."

I glance back and see Chrissy is knocked out. "Shhh." I say to Chris. He was about to say something smart but just looks at me.

"She was sleep this entire time we been taking. You just mad with yo twang."

I laugh, "Shut up."

We pull into the driveway. I get out and head inside after opening the door. I walk straight to the room to grab our things. Everything is exactly how we had left it. "What's up Asia?" I jump at the sound of the voice. "Why are you in here?" I ask looking at man. He looks real familiar but I can't put a name to his face. Hm.

"Watching over the spot. The real question is, why you here?"

"I'm getting my things." I place the clothes I had gathered already inside a duffle bag. "This is enough." I mumble aloud. I place the bag over my shoulder and begin to walk to Chrissy's room. "You know I can't let you leave with that stuff." The fiu grabs my arm.

"Nah, she leaving. You on the other hand might not be so lucky." Chris says. I know he didn't leave my baby in car. "You came back huh? Never thought you'd show your face around here again." The guy says. "Well surprise." Not even seconds later did Chris gun appear. I see his aim pull back but I don't hear anything.

"Let's go." Chris says as I look from the gun to the guy on the ground. "I still need to get Chrissy things."

I walk into her old bedroom and open the closet. "Wow really?" I question. All of her stuff is bleached. "Who the fuck? That's beyond childish."

"What happen?" Chris asks  walking inside. "Somebody bleached my baby stuff."

"We'll get her more stuff. Let's get out of here."

"And why did you leave her in the car?" I ask pushing him on his shoulder. "Chill out. I know what I'm doing."

We walk out to the car and he unlocks it. "Well now we see why your brothers ain't want you here."

"He looked so familiar."

"Well."

My phone rings and it's an unsaved number. I hesitate on answering it but I hit the green button anyway. "Hello?"

"You a dead bitch walking."

"You a dead nigga making threats." I say back. I don't even know who this is. They chuckle, while Chris looks at me mouthing who. I shrug my shoulders. "We gone see." They say then hang up.

Chris phone rings as he rolls his eyes. "Who was that on the phone?" He asks instead. "I don't know. Who was calling you?"

"Doesn't matter in with you and Chrissy right now. What they say on the phone?"

"I'm a dead bitch walking."

He laughs, "These niggas really with the games."

"It's cool."

"I know it is. Any nigga can get blasted, it's nothing. You my baby mama and ain't nothing happening to you." His baby mama. Just his baby mama. Wow.