25

Chris

I wake up with a massive headache. Damn it feels like a ton of rock are weighing down on my head man. I realize I'm laying on Asia. I kiss her stomach and she jumps a little in her sleep. "What's up daddy's boy?" I whisper to her stomach.

"You woke me up." Asia mumbles. "My bad. My head hurts."

"It should."

I cut my eyes at her. "Now I suppose you don't remember anything? Allow me to refresh your memory... you lost your damn mind." Asia says.

Her phone rings so we move around. She grabs it and answers, it's probably her brothers. "Dom... wait why you sound like that?... What?!... Are you serious?... Please tell me your joking... Damn man... Alright I'll tell him... I love you too." She hangs up and keeps her back turned from me.

"What's wrong Asia?"

"We need to get back home."

"Why?" I question with my heart beating fast. I try playing out every scenario in my mind but nothing to make her sound like that. "They had an emergency hearing yesterday... Your mother was called in to testify on your behalf basically... Someone..."

"Someone what!"

"She's gone. A bullet went straight to the chest and hit an artery. She bleed out within seconds and by the time the medics could get there, she was gone."

"What!" I grab my phone and see Crystal tried to call me 15 times. "Fuck!"

"And they sentenced my brothers..."

"Why this fast? I thought it was another two months before we would know anything." I state walking up to her. "They was supposed to but the DA felt they orchestrated the shit so they pushed everything back to handle that."

"What they get?"

"One hundred and twenty-four years."

"Seriously?"

She shakes her head. I wish I could take away the look of hurt and defeat off her face. Shit went left so fucking fast. "Did he say if they had some to do with my mama?" She turns around and looks at me. "W-What purpose would they have to do that? ... Are you serious?.... I can't right now, I'm about to go pack."

We were gone, checked out, picked up baby girl and on a plane within the timespan of an hour. The two of us sat in silence. She's probably stuck on her brother while I'm sitting here trying to grasp the fact that my mother is gone. Crystal didn't tell me my mother was even testifying against them. This shit isn't making any sense. I can't believe this.

***

"Everything is moving according to plan." Sean says as I hold the phone to my ear. "Yeah it is. We should start moving the products in soon." I respond. Physically I'm here but mentally my mind is else where. "It's something else I need you to do."

"Whats up?"

"Make sure my daughter and granddaughter stays save."

"From?" I question feeling type he's implying it's some pressure. "You know how the street shit goes Chris."

"Yeah." I respond, "I'll hit you back later this week."

"Do that."

I hang up and toss my phone to the sofa. Chrissy and Asia are out and about running errands. It's been distant between us since the news of everything. It's not on purpose, I guess we're both trying to sort shit out.

My phone rings loudly against the leather seat and it's Crystal. I guess I can finally answer now. "What's up?" I answer. "Where the hell have you been?!?" She screams into the phone. "Me and Asia took a trip. We had to return home because of the bullshit. How the fuck you let that happen!"