One

Christianna snuggles up beside me with her bottle in one hand and her favorite blanket in the other, finally falling asleep. "Bae you up?" I roll over with my finger over my mouth telling him to be quiet.

"My bad." He whispers leaning down to give me a kiss. "How was it this morning?" I ask still whispering. "It was cool. I'm glad as hell to be home with my girls."

I smile. He climbs in bed with us wrapping his arm around me and Christianna. "Don't forget my sister having a cookout at 4."

"Cool. I need to get Chrissy up an hour ahead of time to do something to her hair."

"Don't have my baby screaming."

"It's not my fault she hates getting her hair done."

"You heard what I said Asia Evans." I chuckle, "You do her hair then." I say. "You got it, just don't make me fight you."

"Boy please."

At twenty years old I'm the mother of a two year old little girl and I am the girlfriend to Robert Simmons, better known as Rock. My hair company is selling like crack on a Friday night everyday. Most importantly I'm happy. You would think my happiness is what matters the most to those around me and everyone is except my brothers. They're happy but they still have those moments. Ive accepted the fact that they don't want to see me with any man and would prefer if I was 8 years old forever. Things aren't as bad as they were but things have never been the same between us.

Things happened naturally between me and Rock. It wasn't forced, shit just flowed. We've been together for almost three years. He supported me through my entire pregnancy. He made me feel what I was missing. He's with me because of me- nothing more, nothing less. He loves Chrissy as if she were his and he loves me. He doesn't mistreat me. He's never put his hands on me in an abusive manner. He's goofy yet serious. Like my brothers, when he walks into a room people stop and stare. That power of his presence is one of the many  things I love about him. This man would go to war about me and doesn't care what anyone else has to say. In my eyes he's perfect.

"You know I'm bout it." He says.

"You would never." I challenge. "Shittt." I roll over facing him as he smiles, "What you want?" He asks.

"You to fight me."

"My baby sleeping beside you, I got you tonight though."

"Whatever Rock."

My relationship with my brothers hasn't got back to what it use to be. It's not not as damaged as it was but it's not perfect either. When they found out about me and Rock, they went crazy. I was still pregnant at the time and shit was still bad between us. They felt like I betrayed them. They felt like I disrespected them. Honestly, I didn't give a fuck about whatever beef they had, with who they had it with. In the beginning, they assumed I only got with Rock to get back at them and that was the furtherest thing on my mind. Thankfully we've all grown a bit since then.

I didn't know about Rock and my brothers issues until he told me. I knew I had heard the name before but I never put two and two together. He was upfront about everything. It was so crazy because the  beef with my brothers started over some shit August was doing. He was the one creating all the damn chaos. It's no wonder he left.

A lot of people aren't around anymore like that. Dre never came back after shooting Mon. Tania hasn't been heard from since a couple of months back. Tyler is out the game with a family of his own to support. My brothers are still running shit and that I don't think will ever change.

While things have may started off rocky, all was laid to rest when Christianna was born. They fell in love with her. She loves her Uncle Dom and Mon. She had three of the hardiest niggas on the south side in tears.