Chaper 16 - The Night Is Young

Todoroki's POV}

"Checkmate,"

I won, I won right? What else can she do? But what I didn't realise was how my urge to win made me forget about my, massive crush on Momo. My face was so close to hers, so close.. and I could even hear her breathing. I needed to stay calm, I can't turn into a blushing mess now.

"I guess you won," She replied calmly. I smiled thinking it was over, and got off of her. She laughed and flipped me onto my back with a thud,
"You won the test of blindness," She giggled. How could I be so stupid! Of course she had a trick in mind. But other then that... she sat on my stomach with her legs either side of me and her two hands placed on my chest. She couldn't pin be down this way, that's for sure, so what was she onto? My chest begun tingling, a cold tingle. But she still sat smiling. I looked down, only to see... her freezing me?!

By now my chest and arms frozen into blocks. I tried to melt it with my right side but the cold water only put it out.
She won? I was too distracted by her, erm, 'position' to think of a plan. That's how she got me.

"Using a position to take me down I see," I responded, but she just laughed,

"What is this, 'position?' Your on about?" She said still laughing. It seems, sigh, I led myself into a trap she didn't even make.

"N-never mind, but I guess you won, and using my own power against me,"

"It seems so. Otherwise, you did win the, not sure if you can call it a challenge, of blindness...?" She smirked. She got off me and begun breaking away at the ice with one of her arrows.

"Oh wow Momo, is that your best insult?" I teased,

She laughed, "I have too many perfect insults for even me to handle, I just don't tell you them in case I hurt your feelings,"

We both laughed, after she was done breaking the ice off, we walked around the city. But still no one was there. I tucked my old hands into my pockets. It was beginning to get cold.
I noticed Momo shivering and decided to put my left arm around her so she would feel a little less cold. I guess tonight actually was kinda fun, but still, the night is young.

"Have you had dinner yet Momo?" I asked as we walked near a Asian food shop.

"No, actually. And if I did I could have beaten you even sooner," She fired smugly.

"Enough with the comebacks!" I laughed, she smiled and finally finished her 'bullying'. We walked into the shop to order something, but the elderly lady at the cashier only stood there, almost as if she was... lifeless.

Momo went to take a seat near the window of the small shop while I ordered.

"...H-hi," I said while the lady stared out the door, maybe she just had an odd quirk,

"Hello," She replied, "I have worked in this shop for nearly eighty years, no matter what happens in this city, I will stay here," I didn't know what to say, there was something off about this lady. Her words were like a blade, slowly cutting into me. The way she stared, it made me freeze up.

"I will have a bowl of soba and a passion fruit bubble tea," I ordered, I looked back at Momo who had observed the conversation. She looked scared, "To go," I went to sit but the lady had all ready made the soba and drink up. H-how, she didn't even move from her position... her eyes still white and lifeless.

But the sound of chatter from outside made me turn the window. People were everywhere, going around  the streets like a river. It made me feel a lot safer, but I still wanted to get out of this shop.

I grabbed the Soba and bubble tea and begun walking to the door with Momo, but the lady spoke still in her soulless position, "Goodbye Todoroki,"

I stood still. She knew my name? Was it her quirk? What's going on?
As me and Momo walked away I looked through the Asian food shops window. But the old lady... the old lady stared me dead in the eye. As if she was focusing on me and learning something.

Momo took my right hand and smiled. Her hand was so soft, and warm.

"It's okay Shouto," She said, "We will get to that age at some point aswell, and probably be exactly like her. It's normal," She was right as always. I held her hand as if it was meant for holding. I felt... happy. I felt like the childhood joy I never experienced had just met with me once again.

I so badly wanted to tell her how much she meant to me, just how much I need her. But,

How could I?

She's an angel, and I'm just some loner who I guess was now a creep. She deserves someone so much better then me, I wish I could give her that person. I just want her to be as happy as I am.

"Momo-" I began saying but she pulled me down an alleyway.

"Hush," She whispered. She put her hand over my mouth. Was there someone there? I got myself ready to attack, but instead we started falling.

It was like and endless tunnel of darkness. Laughs of complete insanity cracked then echoed through the void like thing. It was like looking into space... Momo! I looked around, but of course she was holding onto me, still not letting me drift or fade away.
Her head tuck into my chest as our brown coats flickered around. I love how no matter how dark anything is, she can make colour come back into my eyes.

Oooooh it's a black tunnel, hope u guys be fine x