Chapter 10

As Dio disappeared you almost forgot the two notable nights deal had risen from their graves, turning to look at your groups' condition you winced visibly noticing Jonathan was busy with Bruford. You pulled out your dagger with your whip in hand as you used hamon breathing, getting rid of surrounding zombies that could possibly interfere with Jonathan's battle, feeling eyes on you felt your body stiffen briefly. Quickly observing your surroundings you found the eyes that we're on you, "Tarkus!", you scowled as you furrow your brows, thinking of possible strategies you could use against in tutus height advantage.

Silently cursing you dealt with any remaining zombies until Bruford went to strike Jonathan, "Jojo!", you screamed out running over to assist, only to come to a stop when Bruford mildly stopped his attack. "A moment ago you said this pain is nothing, that means pain is something you can feel again", Jonathan spoke softly, making your racing mind pause, and you watched as a patch of healthy green grass grew with blooming white flowers grow around Jonathan, you stared in complete awe. "You see, the long-forgotten pain came back, only humans know that sort of ache", Zeppeli's words reached your ears as you watched Bruford and Jonathan knelt facing one another, and the words they shared touch your soul as Bruford faded away into ash. All is almost peaceful until Tarkus appeared behind Jonathan, "Jonathan!", you call out sprinting towards him as Tarkus loomed over him and destroyed Bruford's armor, "You villain! That was the armor of a steadfast friend and comrade, he died with honor and dignity!", Jonathan shelters you reach him appearing behind his back.

"He died like a spineless dog!", Tarkus proclaims, "he was too clever by half, liked winning his fights with blinking!", he raises his sword, "I just hit them until they fall to pieces, what use have I got for clever, I carry a sword as tall as a man", he boasts, you glare at him putting your whip and dagger away for the time being. "None of you will get an easy death!", he sends his sword down so hard that the Earth beneath you trembles and cracks, you soon take notice of a familiar boy falling –faintly remembering his name was Poco– "Jonathan catch Poco!", you yell stepping out of a flying boulders way.

"The cliff is crumbling!', Speedwagon yells, "JoJo! (Y/n)!", you look at the Zeppeli and see his fingers pointing up, the idea quickly hit you when you heard the leaves beneath you, "Yes sir!!", Jonathan curtly nods as you smirk, "Of course, Baron". Taking the same breath as them you all shouted together, "Life Magnetism Overdrive!", suddenly you were all gliding in the air, the boy was in awe as he began to speak, "We're flying! I can't believe it!", he looks at all of you with the spark of childlike wonder and his eyes, making you chuckle. "I bet your magicians huh? But you'd have to be, right? How did you learn to do all these neat spells in the first place!", he says excitedly all while you carefully paid attention to your surroundings, you slightly listen to Zeppeli's story of how he obtained hamon until you felt the disturbed air, "Boys Tarkus is on our tail!", you warned. Tarkus grabbed at the leaves only to hurt himself making you grunt at the pressure, "What's that?!", Jonathan shouts making you look at the structure he was addressing too, "That's where the knights used to train in the olden days!", Poco exclaims, "Leap to safety everyone before we get swatted out of the sky!", Jonathan commands as you prepare for a harsh landing.

Landing on your knees you grunted at the impact before feeling a tremble, standing up with the help Jonathan you looked around before finally listening to the commotion,"... We can't destroy Dio while this monster dogs over steps, it seems like we have no other choice, Tarkus meets his doom, here and now!", Zeppeli claims. Standing next to Jonathan you felt the sparks of anxious waiting, "Jojo, (Y/n), this will be perilous, get the lad to safety within", Zeppeli orders, you nod as you follow Jonathan as he opens the door, "This door... Something's odd about it", he says looking into the darkroom, you frown at an odd feeling clawing at your stomach. "Be careful, this is where they train the knights how to kill people", Poco says, "That's brutal", you frown as Poco turns to you, "They say it's full of booby traps", he adds on, you walk in with Jonathan slowly, taking careful steps, "Duck JoJo! Something's coming at ya!", Speedwagon's warning was too late as some kind of collar grapples around Jonathan's neck, "Jonathan!", you reach out towards him, running. "(Y/n)! Wait-!", something clamped onto your leg and dragged you down, the pain didn't register until you felt a hand grab your dagger and stab it through your shoulder blade, "GNAAAAHHHH!!", "Tarkus!", Jonathan shouts as you raise your head despite the pain coursing through your body, "Yess~ caught you and your little mouse good, you're free of foot little man, but now you and I are chained to each other! You've got nowhere to run and your mouse is stuck in a mousetrap!", he grins madly.

Trying to move you looked down at your leg and saw that it was caught in a bear trap, the dagger in your shoulder was also slightly embedded into the ground, "I killed 48 men here, taking a life is an art form and I'm a master", he boasts. "Breaking out of that collar is impossible, and you'll need a key to unlock it, he grins, too bad it's right here!", he points at his own collar, with a growl you pull out your whip, looking for some kind of lever to open the door. Tarkus begins to explain the match as he yanked on the chain while you were busy looking for a lever, you growled and looked at the bear trap yanking your dagger out of your shoulder you withheld a scream, then looking at the bear trap, violently grabbing at it you let out a strangled growl before throwing it off of you. Then you felt it, it was, "Poco", you whisper as soon as he entered your view, "Stay back he'll kill you!", Jonathan yelled, "Not if I can help it!", you yell, using hamon last-minute while covering Poco's body, "You'll die!!", Tarkus yells, "Try me!", you defiantly stare him down and he lands a harsh kick into your arm. You heard the awful sound of bones breaking upon impact, while you successfully protected Poco, you were slammed into a wall, wheezing you coughed and choked out some blood before wincing.

"(Y/n)!!/Miss!!", you heard them all call out to you, "You c-call that a-ah~ kick?", you grinning at Tarkus, who scowls at you in return, Poco meanwhile had successfully opened the door that was previously locked. Zeppeli and Speedwagon soon entered, the boy hid behind Speedwagon who was attending to you, helping you lean on a wall while you used hamon to heal most of your bones rather than your wounds, "Get em Baron go! Give that hulking bastard or what for!", Speedwagon yelled. Then it was there again, that feeling that made you start to think it was practically a sixth sense predicting someone's death or oncoming danger, staring at Zeppeli's posture you called out to him in concern, "Baron Zeppeli?".

"Zeppeli", Speedwagon calls out next,"... is tonight the night I go to my grave?", at Zeppeli's question you perked up, and your body straightened out. "Fate is such a Fickle mistress, but I cannot deny her", he says stepping forward, "Zeppeli why do you sound so dire?", Speedwagon hesitated to ask, but you knew, you knew what was going to happen, as much as you wanted to deny it and avoid it, you knew.

Today death has chosen who is to die next; Will Anthonio Zeppeli was next in line.