Chapter 9

The group continued on foot after the incident, and you all occasionally talked about other subjects to keep the atmosphere from being too tense. Spotting some men working the fields you spoke up, "Looks like we're here", the men looked up once you spell, "Farmers sing to harvest, thus far all is well, however, Dio lurks in the shadows waiting to strike", Jonathan observes oh, just as you were about to say something a gasp and cracking bones caught both yours and Jonathan's attention, "What happened?", Jonathan asks concerned. Turning around you saw Speedwagon doubled over gasping with Zeppeli kneeling in front of him, "Well, Speedwagon has been begging me to share in both of your powers", he stands and continues to explain, "I meant to help him create just a little bit of hamon as I did that first day with JoJo, it seems I was too rough, did my finger slip?", Zeppeli asks himself before saying something in Italian well apologizing to Speedwagon. "In English please", Speedwagon groans out as soon as you tense, looking around rapidly you searched for the nearing person, "Sorry to interrupt but I sense something come-", a small figure swing by, cutting you off as he grabbed the bag.

The boy landed in the water before he swam to the land, you smirk at the boy and laugh, "Our culprit is a lad it would seem", Jonathan smiles, "His crime was well-planned, I salute the boys ingenuity", Zeppeli praises, "He reminds me of when I was younger, my novice Thief years", you chuckle, Jonathan only smiles at you while Zeppeli and Speedwagon looked at you and surprise before Speedwagon snapped out of it, "How come you three are heaping praise at the little imp? He's making off with every pound we have in our names! Oi bring it back!", he shouts. "Yes he took our money, but think how he may be able to help", Jonathan points out, "Agreed, a guide who knows the lay of the land would not be unwelcome", Zeppeli added as he walks over to the water, raising a brow your about to ask what he was going to do until you noticed the ripple effect, and you were quite surprised when you saw Zeppeli stand on the water. You nearly laughed as you watched Zeppeli walked across the water -though let's be honest his hopping reminded you of a bunny- Jonathan tried it but was a bit messily done, you looked at the water before using the hamon breathing technique, though a little clumsy it still looked like you were skating across the water then hopping or walking.

Once reaching the other side you watched as Jonathan knocked hamon into the stone, but the boy was still climbing, "Ah~! That was a nice diminuendo, you're over dried passed through the Rocks as smooth as silk", Zeppeli praised, "Do you think I struck the right spot Baron", Jonathan asked, "No but a couple of paces to the left should do it, two-pound says I'm right", he smirks, you off as Jonathan does as told. You smile tipping your hat before you watch the boy be pushed off the Rocks, landing and Jonathan's arms looking at the boy you watched as he looked around confused, "Hu? What happened? Who are you? Why are you holding me?", at his questions you looked at the sun that was setting and cursed as your stomach twisted anxiously again.

Zeppeli noticed your distress immediately and he tipped his hat when he saw the source of your concerns, "I'd guess we were meant to give chase when he took our bag", he paused and looked around the area again before silently cursing, "Look around", when you did you finally found the source of your separate discomfort, "This is a graveyard!", Speedwagon yells. Bringing out your whip and dagger you soon witness bodies crawling up to the surface, what happened to grab your leg but you immediately cut its handoff, with your attention focused on the rising dead you almost missed out what Speedwagon shouted, "There JoJo, (y/n), it's him!". You left your head around at we're Speedwagon was pointing at, your throat felt dry when you saw him, "Dio~", your voice was so small that you and you clearly thought the voice wasn't yours. There Dio stood on the top of a large rock, his appearance was drastically different, and from the looks of it the black clothing on him looked like your old coat, he had added a smug evil smirk but his attention was more on the men than you.

"The sun is gone, you will not live to see it rise once more", Dio grins, "Dio", Jonathan states cooly, you crack your whip tapping hamon into your whip as you took down some zombies, Dio made a come "hither motion" with his finger as you fought against some zombies well you made your way to get to Dio. You almost missed Zeppeli attack Dio and it made you pause for a short moment but when Zeppeli's arm was frozen and then injured with painful-looking cuts you made it your mission to get him out of there, "Baron Zeppeli!", you call out, your call was only ignored as Dio prepared to strike him only for both Jonathan and Zeppeli to block his fists. You forced your legs to push on further as you control your breathing, watching as the situation was taking a turn for the worst, Jonathan and Zeppeli were pushed away as you felt tremors beneath your feet, "Tarkus Bruford, arise and fight at my command, may their cries of anguish sound so that all may know my glory!", looking back you gaped at the knights that once served Mary the Queen of Scotland.

With a girl you launch yourself at Dio once you were in close range, "(Y/n)!!!", you hear them all call for you as your whips world around you, as if it's where a snake coiling around its nest, "Hamon whip lasher!", you yell, Dio grunted before he yelled once he felt the pain land on his chest as you landed behind him. You left from rock to rock around Dio lashing the whip at him like a cat looking for the right perch to ambush its next meal, "DIO!", you yell propelling yourself at him once the long whip surrounded him to make a trap to straighten him, his eyes narrowed at you before he smirked, "Heh". "(Y/n)!!", Jonathan reaches out to only to jump away from Tarkus and Buford, while you, on the other hand, were caged in Dio's arms, "My (Y/n), no wonder my thoughts drown in you", he hummed, pleased as you struggled in his arms while you frowned, "Dio please, stop this madness! Let me help you change! I know you can change, start all over, far from here to do better!", you try to convince him.

"But I have changed (y/n), my humanity held me back, and if I could erase yours, I'm sure you'll understand!", he knows his eyes at your own widened ones, "(Y/n)!", Zeppeli calls to you, making you turn back to face the group, your body flinched when you felt Dio's hand keep your head in the position as he into your neck. Then there was pain, pain that was so different from the ones usually felt, his fangs pierced your sensitive neck and it both burned and felt freezing, "NNAAAHHHHHH!", you wail in pain, "(Y/n)!", Jonathan called out to you with widened eyes and tried to run to you only to be blocked by more zombies. You really tried to struggle out of Dio's grip, but Dio in turn only silenced a small moan at the taste how unique your blood tasted, it was so sweet reminding him of citrus fruits and pomegranate with a strong iron tang, with a growl you were able to get your arms free and wrapped your legs around Dio's waist as you put your hands on his shoulders, hoisting yourself above him.

Dio was now looking at you with widened eyes at the sight of you, your hat shaded your face, but your eyes glowed a bright (e/c), you were violently hissing at him like a cat and he caught sight of your fangs -while his were more noticeable- yours were pretty small and only just grew out of defense. He was about to say something more until you dug your nails through his clothes pushed your legs off him with your entire body above him until you got behind him and flip/flung his body into a stone pillar. All males present stared at you wide-eyed while Dio stood from his creator and smirked at you as you panted with furrowed brows, you did feel your body change briefly and it felt odd yet familiar, looking at Dio –who slowly faded out of sight– you were able to catch what he said before he finally disappeared, "Maybe your body itself knew it wasn't human before you did".