-------------------

I finished my last reps of bench pressing, got up and shook my entire body to loosen up the tight muscles. I was covered in sweat from my workout since we didn't have football practice.

"Hey, Luke, finishing up your workout?"

I turned to see Kason smiling, a towel and water bottle in hand.

"Actually, I just started thirty minutes ago," I smiled back, wiping my face with my towel and took a swig of my cold water. "I have about an hour and a half before I'm finished."

Kason's eyes lit up. "Perfect! We can work out together then."

I nodded, and we made our way to the treadmills stationed on the upper level of the university's gym.

"Our study group was pretty fun the other day," Kason said as we started up our treadmills. "I didn't realize how smart you are."

I twisted my head at him and laughed uneasily. "Yeah?" I asked, a little confused whether I should be offended or not.

Kason laughed, shaking his head, as we started jogging. "But Chloe, she is one smart cookie. She literally helped me with everything while you were helping Hailee out. It was kinda like having a double study date."

"A what?" I started to choke, causing me to stop the treadmill.

"A double study date. You with Hailee, Chloe with me of course," he stated the obvious.

I drank some water to help clear my throat while tilting my head as I looked at Kason. He couldn't be serious... "What, do you like Chloe or something?" I tried to say as casually as possible as I got back on the treadmill.

Kason looked at me sheepishly. "I mean, yeah I like her."

I felt a pang inside of my chest as soon as he spoke the words. I suspected that he could have liked her, but to hear the words was entirely different. My heart felt heavier and I started to feel lightheaded. All I knew was to increase the speed of the treadmill to keep up with the pace of my heart.

"I know it hasn't been that long, but there is just something about her that draws me in. Maybe I'm just attracted to girls that are smarter than me–which we both know isn't that hard to accomplish," he chuckled to himself.

I increased the speed again, feeling as if I wasn't going fast enough.

"She seems a little closed off right now, but I'm sure with a little time I can break down her walls," he continued.

There was just something about him liking her that pissed me off. As if I wasn't going fast enough already, I increased the speed yet again.

Kason turned his head and cocked his eyebrow. "Dude, aren't you going fast enough? Like damn I said you were built like a fucking beast, but you didn't have to do this. I couldn't even last five minutes with the setting you're on."

I continued to push myself further, feeling my legs start to burn.

"Enough about me," Kason said as he peeked over at what setting I was on. "Don't you like Hailee?" he suddenly asked.

I couldn't help but laugh at his words. I wasn't meaning to insult Hailee in any way, but it made no sense where Kason got the idea from. I decreased my speed at a reasonable rate, so I wouldn't trip over myself with laughter. "No, what gave you that idea?" I huffed out, a smile curling on my lips.

Kason threw his hands up in the air and shrugged. "I don't know, man. I just thought since the first day of Chemistry that you two were into each other, and during the study date you two were awfully close."