Chapter Thirty-Seven: Get Off Your Ass

I walk into the school to see Emily sitting at the bench talking and laughing with Rosie and Wyatt

I walk into the school to see Emily sitting at the bench talking and laughing with Rosie and Wyatt. They must have talked everything out, I wish I was there to see how happy she was after everything worked it's self out.

I walk past them and go over to my locker, I lean up against it and look at all the groups of people in the hallway. I feel lonely, I hate it.

The song changes to Feeling Sorry by Paramore, the first song that I ever heard Emily sing to. I pull my phone out form my pocket and change the song.

I look up to see Cane standing in front of me, " Dude you good? "

" I don't want to talk to you. " I glared.

" Hey I get it, but news travels fast in this school and I know you and Emily broke up. " Cane said.

" Okay and? "

" Talk to her, don't make the biggest mistake of your life by not fixing things with her. " Cane said.

" Why do you even care? "

" Because the same thing happened with me, and I know if I were to have talked to her things would have worked out, but I was a dick. Don't be a dick, don't turn into me and realize you want in her in your life by the time she's already moved on to someone else. "

" Olivia happened ." Emily said.

" She looked me dead in the eyes, wrapped arms around Cane's neck and kissed him. "  she paused, " Then for some reason all the emotions I was feeling a couple months ago just came rushing back in. "

" And I can't help, but wonder if that's what happened the night he cheated on me. If he was just drunk or she was drunk and then they hooked up. "

" I'm over Cane, but for some reason it still hurts. I've gone threw so many outcomes of that night and what if that was what happened? " she asked.

I could tell she was trying to hold back tears, " I don't know why I'm telling you this you probably don't care " Emily looked down at the ground.

I pulled Emily into a hug, I didn't know why. It just felt like it was the right thing to do.

" It sucks that that had to happen tonight, but you said it yourself your over Cane. " Grayson pulled away.

There is no fucking way I'm taking the advice of a guy who broke Emily's heart.

" Thanks? I guess, but no thanks, I'm going to class. " I glared as I walked away from him.

......

I walked to the diner after school. I pulled out a pack of cigarettes from my jacket that I hadn't touched in months, I find the lighter in my pocket and light the cigarette.

I hadn't even noticed I stopped smoking, probably because I only use it as a stress remover, but Emily helped with all of that, she kept me in place.