Chapter Thirty-One: How Are You Guys?

March Break the time of year for everyone to go on a vacation and the busiest time at Angles Diner

March Break the time of year for everyone to go on a vacation and the busiest time at Angles Diner. I have to work ever day of the holiday except Friday and the weekend.

10:45 am.

I walked down the stairs of my house and into the kitchen.

" Dale can you give me a ride to work? " I asked as I walked over to the fridge.

" When do you have to leave since I have to get to work too. "

" I have to be there for 11, so we can leave soon. " I answered.

I grabbed my water bottle from the fridge along with the milk so I could make a bowl of cereal.

" Do you have any days off over the break? " Dale asked.

" Only Friday and the weekend, it's gonna be a long week... "

......

11:02 am.

I clock in at work and start my shift. I'm working 11 till close.

It isn't that busy in the morning, which I don't understand because Angles breakfast/brunch food is delicious.

I started to whip down the island counter top.

" Hey. "

I look up to see Grayson sit down in the chair in front of me.

" Hey, what are you doing here? " I asked.

" I came to see you and my friend Sam, you met at the beginning of the school year, he's coming down today and I told him to meet me here. " Grayson explained.

" That's going to be fun. " I smiled.

" You should hangout with us. When do you get off work? " Grayson asked.

" I work till close. " I sighed, " And I literally just started working. "

" But can I get you anything while you wait? "

" I'll just wait till Sam get's here. "

" Sounds good. " I smiled.

" Brother! "

Grayson gets up from his chair as Sam the tall red haired boy walks over to him. They do some hand shake before sitting down at the island.

" Sam, you remember my girlfriend Emily right? " Grayson smiled.

" I sure do, nice seeing you again. " Sam smiled.

" You too. "

" But since I am working, can I get you two anything? " I asked.

" Just a chocolate milkshake please. " Grayson smiled.

" I'll have a strawberry milkshake, and do you have home fries here? " Sam asked.