Growing Old Together

~30 years later~

Preston and his wife came to visit. Along with our goregous daughter Jazylnn. They planned a big get together party. The years have been good for me and Robert. Nearly 38 years married. Didn't think we would make it this far. Our kids grew up so fast. Preston is a successful mechanics engineer. Jazlynn is a Doctor. My brother Sean followed the footsteps of my dad. Second generation Senator.

Robert and I walked in through the back door. The backyard was filled with our friends and family. They yelled "Suprise". A joint birthday party for us both. I smiled at them and we exchanged hugs with everyone. "Happy Birthday, mom." said Preston as he hugged me. He said the same to Robert. "You guys didn't have to do this." I replied. "We love you both. You've done so much for us." said Jazlynn. "You two made this beautiful family. All of us one big family." added my mom.

Tears fell from my eyes as Robert held me close to him. The party was perfect. The years may have past but, each of us remained the same. Especially, my dad and Robert. Everytime they get together its hilarious. Goofy dancing and jokes. We opened our present from our kids. My jaw dropped. They booked us carribean cruise. "Call it an early anniversary present." said Preston. "Thank you. We'll definately enjoy it." mention Robert giving my hand a kiss.

~Two Weeks Later~

Robert and I boarded the ship for our cruise. It was so exciting. We have time for ourselves. Between work and getting the kids into college. We didn't get much alone time. We unpacked out things in the room before heading up to the deck. Robert wrapped his arms around me. "Have I not told you that you're beautiful? And that I love you so much?" he whispered. I smiled holding his arms tight. "More than I can count." I sighed. "Let's take a tour of the place."

Robert had his arm around waist as we took a tour of the ship. Plenty of things to do. I leaned up against it the railing. I stared out into the beautiful clear blue waters, salty cool air, and the sun setting in the horizon. I felt Robert's chin rest on my shoulder. "I love you, Secillia. After all these years, I'm more in love with you then ever before." he said softly to me. I smiled turning to face him.

I gazed into those carmel orbs of his. They still make my heart skip a beat. "Be honest with me. If I never took interest in you which in all honesty is hard to do. Would you have still want to be with me?" I asked. He cupped his hands around my face. "I still would have wanted you. Ever since that night I met you. I couldn't bring myself to want anyone else. I was willing to do whatever I can to win your heart. When you find the right connection with someone. Don't you think you should give it a chance." he replied.

I pressed my lips against his. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel his tongue caress mine. Making my heart flutter. Robert pulled away slowly planting tiny kisses on my cheek, nose, and forehead. "I love you Robert. I'm glad I made a right choice in wanting you. You've made my life much brighter." I assured. I glided my fingers down his cheek. "I love you. Forever I will be yours as you are for me. My little baby doll."

I giggled at his words and hugged him. Through all tragedies and heartaches. I never thought in a million years Bobby and I would have last after all that. I love him dearly. We have a great life and I don't regret being with him. Yeah, he was my dad's best friend and too old for me. When it comes to love you can't help it. Besides, we all know I could resist his sex appeal and charm. Growing old with Robert sounded amazing. I will love him forever.

      The End.

***Srry for the short chap. This is it. Hope you guys liked it. New story coming out soon. I'll keep you posted on it. Thank you guys for showing great love to this story. Luv u guys. Be sure to check out the other I have out.**