Secrets ☝

Chapter 23

Ashley's POV

"What is she doing here? " harry whisper yelled, as he eyeballed palmer who was seated yet on my seat and just won't leave my decor alone, she kept playing with them with this hint of fascination in her eyes.

I don't even understand the stupid question harry was asking right now, we have been looking for this woman for weeks now and then she just drops in and is like 'hi, am palmer Zachary ' well I couldn't blame Harry, its not everyday a potential murder suspect walks into your door to shake the hands of the detective in charge of the case.

"Let's find out" I said with a shrug, approaching palmer.

"Sorry for the delay" I said
"Its no problem"
"You wouldn't mind if we ask you a few questions right? "
"Yeah sure"
"Please follow me" I said heading towards the interrogation room, I knew harry was not far behind his musky, heavenly scent was absolutely impossible to miss.

As palmer settled into a chair, hanging her ankle length fur jacket on the seat next to her, to reveal a low cut, body hug black dress.

She turned when harry walked in, she gave him a very lingering look and I didn't like what was glistering in her eyes.

"My partner Harry Roberts " I said a bit loud to call her attention
I hated this lady already.
"Palmer Zachary at your service" she said shaking Harry's hand eagerly

I couldn't wait for us to find enough evidence to lock her up, the thought was beginning to excite me

Harry sat next to me, as I looked up at palmer
"So what are you doing here? "
We hadn't contacted her about her sister, so she wasn't supposed to know except someone told her and even if someone had, why was she here?

"Am here for my interrogation " she said in her high pitched ear itching voice, I could swear she talked through her nose.

"I don't get, so you walked in here for interrogation, interrogation on what "
"I heard about Lena's death and how the whole family was being interrogated so I came in"
"Heard from? "
"Andrew, he um he called me a day after the incident "

Brown had a way of contacting her?  And didn't think to tell us?  Okay this whole thing was no longer making any sense

"He told me I might be a prime suspect so I came to clear things up"

"Where were you on the 13th of April 2019 by 9pm - 9:30 pm?

"I was at Brooklyn"
"Brooklyn? "
"Am a striper, at a club"
Oh that explains a lot
"But according to records you fled town"
"I made people believe I did, I needed to go under the radar for awhile"

Go under the radar huh?

"So on the night of the murder you were at the club, where you work as a striper in Brooklyn? " harry asked
"Yes"
"Any alibis?"
"My boss, my colleagues, my customers... A lot people" she said making hand gestures
"Okay, you won't mind if we question these people right? "
"Of course, my boss is always at work, like he practically lives there, my colleagues start work by 6:00pm and closes by 6:am the next morning" she said in her high pitched, ear itching, annoying voice.
"So Mr Brown kept pointing you out, if I didn't know better I would say he was suspecting you for his wife's death " harry said
She laughed
"And why would he think that? "

Oh, she's a smart one, deflecting the question

"You and Mr Brown had an affair while his wife was still alive, correct?" harry asked

He was going for the attack

"Not exactly" she said with a shrug
"This affair supposedly led to their divorce correct? "
"I don't know "