New beginnings☕

Chapter 4

I was ready for today, ready for the eyes, the whispers, the gossips and of course the weather, I had on a leather jacket and complementing boots.

Charlie always said I was born for fashion, I always managed to pull of the unthinkable, but fashion had never been priority. The precinct was normal, like how it looked everyday, the desks, the people, except from the occasional stares. There was a banquet of mixed flowers on my desk.

That's weird

I checked for a note.

So sorry about the other day,
And here, to make up for your coffee,
To new beginnings?

~harry~

I didn't know what to say and am sure my expression said the same thing as my thoughts 'blank'.

I sure as hell wasn't expecting this, a vocal combat, yes? But flowers? Hell no.

I looked at the coffee, I wasn't sure if to taste it or to throw it away

'what if he poisoned it' i thought.

I could feel eyes boring into my back but I ignored them

I inhaled the coffee to check if I would catch a whiff of anything out of the ordinary but to my disappointment it was just plain old coffee, I took a cautious sip hoping it would be terrible so I could have an excuse to dump it in the thrash, but no, it was just how I liked my coffee, black as my soul, with no sugar, dude must have done his research, where was he going with this, I wondered, I had never been apologized to, Angie's flimsy excuse at apologies didn't count of course, this was different, he had gone out of his way to prove whatever this was to me. . . .  it felt. . .  strange.

"Do you like it?" I jerked a bit before quickly regaining my composure
"I got all kinds of flowers since no one knew what you prefer"he added and there was the accent again

"What's this? some sorta apology party in your mind? "
"Not exactly, but am hoping we would get there, I just feel we started out on the wrong foot.... "
"Y'a think? " I interrupted
"Ashley, all am trying to say is am sorry, I had no right... "
"Y'a think"I interrupted again

I get he was feeling guilty but no one can make you feel guilty if you are innocent, although I respected the fact that he was owning up to his wrongs but that didn't mean I would let him off easily

"Your are going to make this impossible for me aren't you? "
"Y'a think? " I asked again with a raised brow for emphasis

He exhaled officially frustrated

"What were you thinking? that you were gonna drop me flowers and coffee and voila, problem fixed? "I asked, turning to face him, we had a bit of a stare down

"No.... I was hoping this would be a start"

As I opened my mouth to give him a smartass comment......

"Detective Ashley Jordan, my office, Now" I heard Chloe bark

I sighed and walked out, taking my coffee with me.

"Hey" I greeted walking into her office
"Did you get the flowers? " she squealed excitedly
"Jesus, I thought I was actually in trouble"
"Damn straight you are" she cleared her throat,
"Where were you yesterday and the day before that? "
"Home, I was sick" I grumbled
"You could have called me, I left you like what ten missed calls? "
"They were nine Chloe" I corrected with a smile
"Whatever, I was worried about you" she added softly, you left quite a mess here for me to clean up"
"Yeah, am sorry I lost my temper"
"Well, your little rampage cost me another strike, Ashley am on the edge, they think am incompetent. So please no more shit, I beg you. Tolerate harry for me no matter how unbearable he seems just give him a chance and I really don't wanna lose my job, alright? "
"Yeah sure"