Old Personalities

Alexis P.O.V.

My phone had been vibrating in my pocket constantly for the past half an hour. I was too scared to answer it, especially with Louis sitting so close on the couch in our shared hotel room. Louis had just gone to the bathroom, so I stood up and rushed out to the balcony.

I closed the door, locking it behind me. It was warm outside, but I still hugged my arms to my body before I finally pulled out my phone. 48 missed calls. All from Josh.

It started ringing again and I finally answered.

"Looks like pretty boy came to your rescue," he said calmly, the second I answered the phone.

I didn't answer. He had so much control over me.

"Silly, silly Lex. Don't worry, doll, I'll forgive you. But only this once. Plus, I love messing with you when you're with the boys. So go. Go on tour with them. Just remember. I'm always watching you, Lex. And I know everything." Before I could even open my mouth, the phone beeped, signaling he'd hung up.

I sunk into the chair on the balcony, catching my breath. He wasn't going to come get me. I could stay with Louis and the boys. Sure, he'd be following me, and he still knew my secret, but I was safe for now.

Louis P.O.V.

I walked back into the sitting area and Lex was missing. I turned, looking for her, and spotted her on the balcony. Probably just getting some fresh air. I settled back onto the couch, refocusing on the tv. Lex joined me a minute later, looking oddly relieved.

"Everything okay?" I asked carefully. She nodded, smiling at me. "Lex, do you want to talk?" I asked. I'd been too scared to ask earlier.

She started shaking her head, but froze and seemed to think about it, before slowly nodding. "Yeah, I do."

I turned to face her, showing her that she had my full attention.

"Well, I guess I'll just tell you everything," she said tentatively. I nodded slightly, waiting for her to continue. "So, when I came back to Ohio, Josh was at the airport, waiting for me. He pretty much kidnapped me and I was imprisoned in that house for the three weeks. I was allowed contact, but only so you guys wouldn't get suspicious," she said, her face saddened, but there was no sign of tears in her eyes.

She continued, "I pretty much had to do whatever they wanted. They tortured me. They burned me, cut me, hit me, kicked me. I barely ate. I tried, but I'd always end up puking it up. It was awful Louis," she admitted, tears finally spilling down her cheeks. I wiped them away gently, showing her how much I loved and respected her.

"Why didn't you tell us?" I whispered.

"I couldn't," she replied quietly.

"What does he have over you?" I tried again.

She seemed to tense at the question.

"I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but I think I'd rather hear it from you than him."

She seemed to think about this for a minute before slowly shaking her head.

"Not tonight."

I nodded, understanding. It'd been a hard day for all of us.

"Want to go to bed?" I asked.

She nodded and I stood up, pulling her with me. We walked to the bed. I pulled my shirt off and threw it in the corner of the room before climbing in next to Lex.

I protectively wrapped my arms around her and she easily molded into my body.

"I've missed you so much, Louis," she murmured against my chest.

"I missed you too, Lex. More than you can even imagine," I replied, leaving a soft kiss on the top of her head.

Harry P.O.V.

"There's nothing we can do Harry, just drop it!" Liam said sternly.

I stopped my pacing and turned to face him. "What do you mean there's nothing we can do!?" I shouted.

"Harry, you know we can't do anything. Just be happy she's back, ok? If we involve the police, media will get involved, and we'd all be fucked."

I couldn't argue with his logic, but I wanted to. I wanted to murder Josh. For what he'd done to Lex, both emotionally and physically. She looked like absolute shit, but was still the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I felt guilty that I had let this happen to her, but also furious at Josh for doing it.

But Liam was right. There was nothing I could do.

I groaned, slumping onto the bed.

"Just get some sleep, Haz," Liam muttered, turning off the lights. I settled into bed, my mind racing.

Sure there was the issue with Josh, but I had bigger issues to deal with.

Like the one that my best mate was dating the girl I was hopelessly in love with.

-------

We spent the rest of the week resting in Ohio, a few hours away from where Josh had help Lex captive. We didn't want to stay too close, for safety reasons.

Today was the day of our first concert. We were getting on a plane in about ten minutes and flying back to New York.

Over the past week, Lex had dramatically improved. She was eating normally again and a lot of her bruises and cuts had faded. At least everything visible had faded for the most part. Louis had told me that she had some pretty nasty scars on her stomach and other areas that were covered by clothing, but Lex had gotten scar cream for them, hoping that it'd help some.

She'd been brightening up more and more every day. To the point where she was almost back to being the Lex I had grown to know and love. Every time she smiled, my heart would race and I couldn't help but smile too.

"Harry?" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up and into Lex's green eyes. They had been so dull a week ago, but they were bright and full of life once more. "Come on, we have to get on the plane."

I nodded and got up, following her over to the rest of the boys at the gate and boarding the plane. I took my seat next to Zayn in first class, relaxing back into the seat.

Alexis P.O.V.

"Thank you, and goodnight New York!" Harry yelled over the screaming girls. The boys ran off stage, smelly, and covered in sweat.

"That was incredible!" I squealed as soon as they were around me.

They all laughed at me before practically tackling me in a group hug. A very sweaty group hug.

"GUYS!" I whined, wriggling and trying to escape.

The boys all detached themselves one and at time and moved off to shower. All except for Louis.

His arms were wrapped around my waist and I looked up into his eyes.

"You were amazing," I said softly, smiling at him.

He grinned back before giving me a loving kiss. I'd missed this so much. And not just when I was being held captive. I'd missed the old Louis. The one from before the Liam incident. The one I finally had back.