Desire

Dedication to katiee97x3 for being so nice and amazing! :)

Alexis P.O.V.

"Alexis, we need to head back," Zayn said, shaking me. I groaned. "Come on Lex, we really need to leave. Like within the next twenty minutes."

He was right, we needed to go. The boys had a signing later today.

I sat up, stretching my arms, trying to ignore the hangover headache that was fast approaching. I was weirdly cold. Glancing down, I realized why. I was naked. And Zayn was sitting next to me, looking anywhere but at my exposed upper body. I instantly grabbed the blankets, covering myself. After further examination, I realized I was totally naked, and I had a feeling Zayn was too.

I turned to him with wide eyes, but he refused to meet them.

"Zayn?" I said, unsure of what to say.

"Hm?" he said, looking at his hands.

"Did we.." I trailed off.

"Mhm," he nodded. And everything came rushing back. The shots, the tickling, the kissing, the, erm, slightly more intimate than kissing. "I'm sorry, Lex," he muttered, finally meeting my eyes.

I shook my head. "Don't be sorry. It was my fault."

"No, I kissed you," he said harshly.

"I kissed you back," I shot back. "I'm sorry," I mumbled quietly.

"I don't regret it," he said softly. "I like you, Lex. I like you a lot." I stared at him with wide eyes. This can not be happening.

"No you don't," I whispered, hoping he'd agree.

"Yeah, I do, Lex. But it's ok. You're happy with Louis, I understand. Just be careful, ok?"

I nodded. My headache from being hungover seemed to multiply upon hearing his words. There was no way this was happening. Didn't Zayn like Jasmine? "What about Jas?" I asked quietly.

"I liked her, but I think I was just pushing away how I felt about you," he explained. I nodded again. I had never thought of Zayn like that. Sure, I loved him as a friend, and he was incredibly attractive, but I didn't like him like that.

"I don't regret it," I said softly, making him instantly turn to face me.

"What about Louis?"

I shrugged. I didn't regret. I can't exactly explain why, but I feel like I would do it again if I had the chance to redo it. I can't exactly explain why, but I felt such sexual attraction and lust between us.

"So, where does this leave us?"

I was stumped. Where did this leave us? "Best friends, right?"

He smiled at me, but it seemed weak. "I would hug you right now, but I think that would make things even more awkward," he chuckled, glancing at me clutching the blanket to cover myself.

I rolled my eyes before saying, "Alright, close your eyes, I need to get dressed."

"Nothing I haven't seen, babe," he winked at me. I slapped his arm before he finally covered his eyes and I grabbed clothes before running into the bathroom.

-----

The car ride back was surprisingly unawkward. Things had pretty much returned to normal between us. I guess that just shows how great of friends we were.

"I think you would be red," I said, examining Zayn as he drove. We were discussing what color people would be.

"Red? Why? Because I'm hot and spicy?" he asked, winking at me.