"Last time I was here, I was almost killed" I joked

Elo grasps my hand in a strong grip, refusing to even lessen the pressure.

Once we left the tunnels horses and a carriage await us.

"We cannot just leave. What about Grisha?" I asked

" Don't worry, we have announced you must take a small leave due to health. In that time we have called someone to rule until you return." Koren answered

"Who? Who would have that authority?" I asked

"Well, only one person of course," Elo answered

That was the only thing that I was told before I was stuffed into the carriage and they made to take off haphazardly down the winding dirt path.

Prish patted my back softly as I settled down in the carriage.

"This is too sudden," I complained

There was only Prish and me in the carriage. Everyone else took point outside the carriage.

Koren and Ren are on either side and Elo taking the back. The carriage was led by a man I did not recognize. He was mostly silent and did not offer any conversation.

"Who is the driver?" I asked curious.

"He is a neutral," Prish answered

"Neutral?" I asked

"Since Koren expected this sort of thing to happen he found someone from the midlands. A neutral state. He brought the man here a little while ago in case we need to escape. Handy, yes?" Prish answered

I nodded a bad feeling settling down in my stomach.

"I do not like this situation," I admitted

"I understand, but there is not much else we can do," Prish answered

We traveled in silence for a while trying to gather our bearings.

I suddenly felt the carriage stop and Koren open the curtain.

"We need to discuss a few things we will stop in the clearing for a while," he said

I quickly bounded from the carriage feeling much better now that I could stretch my limbs.

"Okay everyone gather around," Koren called

Once we were together Koren started to speak.

"I think our best bet is to head northwest. I did not say this earlier, but I got a message from Mir. I think we should go for Ari." Koren stated

"What?! In case you didn't know we have Allayna with us. We cannot take her right to the lion's den!" Elo fussed

"You don't have to worry about me." I tried

"I would consider it if you weren't pregnant, but since you are this is a risk we cannot take." Ren tried

"You would consider it?" I asked

"No, we wouldn't! Too big of a risk." Elo yelled

"Life is filled with risks," I mumbled.

Elo glared at me, so I crossed my arms and huffed leaning back.

"Look we do not have much of an option. Without Ari we have no chance to get control of the court again. We need to save him" Koren stated

"You act as if we are some brave heroes out on an epic quest," I mumbled

Koren sighed and sat back. "I have nothing else. We- we have to do something." Koren stumbled

It was only the second time in my life here that I had seen Koren look so unsure of himself. He usually had confidence far beyond anything I possessed.

Elo and Ren started arguing at the same time and Koren joined in. Each man trying to get the other to see his point.

"Let's go," I said simply

Of course, no one heard me aside from Prish. I started towards the carriage Prish following closely behind.

I heard the arguing until the carriage started to push forward. I could hear them yelling as we continued on.

"Damnit Allayna!" Koren yelled

"Come or not, but I am going to find Ari and that is the end of that," I called.

Ari

Time does not pass in a place like this, with no windows so news of the world. My prison was actually very nice all things considered.

A large room decorated with the finest of silks, in colors of gold and crimson. The door was a heavy metal that led to the dungeons. Guards stood outside at all hours and it seemed impossible to escape.

I worried about what was going on in the outside world, especially Allayna. I still remember the shock at seeing Allon standing before me as he tore my men down.

My heart hurt when I thought about it.

I had not seen anyone since I awoke here. The only faces I knew were the ones of the revolving door of guards that would bring food three times a day. I, unfortunately, did not even know where Tori or Erin were taken. I tried to get information from the guards but I had to begrudgingly admit they were well-trained. They didn't even blink at my questions.

It was a few days before I was finally permitted to leave the room. I was dragged from the room my legs and arms bound tightly.

Through the halls I could barely keep up, my poor legs were failing me. I tried my best to take in my surroundings. It was a bit hard, but I managed to notice that I was not in the dungeons like I originally thought. It was a dark hall, but it was actually up the stairs in some sort of tower. I was dragged through a series of halls before we landed in front of a large ornately decorated door. The door opened to reveal a large office. The office was as ornately decorated as the door. The decor was very horridly done in my own opinion. The floor was covered in animal furs the walls were decorated in golds and reds, and ugly vases and statues lined the walls.

"Heinous," I mumbled

Sitting at the desk was none other than the wretched king himself.

He was actually very handsome and young looking despite his age. The one thing I noticed the most was his eyes. They were just like Allayna's. It seemed to hit me then. This man was her uncle. A family member related by blood who had no problem murdering his own. He sat so smug and quite satisfied with himself. I knew I needed to protect her from him at all costs.

"Why hello your majesty. Let's talk a deal."

The King's Haremजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें