.

Today was the day,

Bell flowers were hung amongst the balconies, beautiful blue and white ribbons were being played around with by the children of Ahomore and townsfolk were dancing to the music of the flutes.

"What's happening today, Mommy?" A little boy asks as he tugs the sleeve of his mother's dress shirt.

She smiles and holds her son's hand. "Well little one, today is the coronation!" She says ecstatically. Her son tilts his head in confusion.

"Co...rona...tion?" The boy words out bit by bit. His mother chuckles at her adorable son and nods. She carefully lifts her son and perches him on her shoulder. He sees townspeople talking and laughing as they wait outside the palace until the coronation takes place.

"Do you see that clock?" She points to the clock tower located near the flower beds. Her son nods.

"Once the the long hand reaches twelve, the eldest prince will finally be crowned as king of Ahomore." The people gather around the clock as they wait in anticipation.

He could see everyone was wearing the same traditional colours, blue and gold on dresses, dress-shirts and suits. Some were holding hands with another as they whispered their excitement, and some looked as if they were about to shout in glee at any given moment.

"Look mommy! It's almost time!" He points out.

Townspeople were holding petals of the many varieties of blue-coloured flowers, ready to be thrown once the announcement had been publicised.

10 more seconds.

People could not help the smiles that had spread amongst their faces.

5 more seconds.

It's finally happening,

3 more seconds.

Ahomore will finally have a king again.

1 more second.

The golden gates to the palace open with a forceful screech, as if been kicked open. The townsfolk all turn at the noise. A woman, a royal judging by the way she was dressed, looked to be distressed by what seemed to have happened in the palace

"The king! The- the-" She pants. The people gather around her worriedly, asking her question after question as they worried by what happened to their new proclaimed king.

"What's happened?" The little boy's mother halts her and calms her down by putting both her hands on her shoulders.

"The king- he's-"

"King Xu Minghao has fallen unconscious!"