Chapter 23

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting for a long time, it's just that I was getting burnt out, and needed some time to relax, because I'm in the middle of exams.

Anyways, enough rambling, and here's the chapter!

Percy POV

Thinking back on it, I don't think kissing Artemis in public was such a good idea. Now the entire camp seems to be against me, and the younger Campers seem reluctant to talk to me.

Not only that, but the hunters lost what little respect they had of me, and Thalia was completely ignoring me. The only people that remained the same were the people I brought back from the dead, Jason and Annabeth, who were the only ones from the Seven still in Camp Half-blood.

On the bright side though, I recently started talking more to Artemis, and I became friends with Chiron again. But that was about it.

I was strolling about Camp Half-blood, having nothing to do, when, out of the corner of my eyes, I spotted something that sent shivers running up my spine.

Surely enough, up in the attic of the Big House, the light was on, and a shadow of what seemed to be a human was cast on the windows. Without a second thought, I ran towards the Big House, but came to a stop when I heard a loud crash in the attic.

I ran up the stairs, and frantically opened the door, to come face to face with a giant mess.

Old quest items hung around, but oddly enough, I couldn't see Aphrodite's scarf. Maybe she took it back? I thought to myself.

Focus, Percy, focus! I told myself, and I followed a trail of items, which led me to a broken table, with somebodyin between the two halves of the table. In his hand laid a glowing rock, which I tried to take, but I ended up somehow being burnt.

I looked at him and realized... it was the other-me. I carried him all the way to the infirmary and told them to check him for any signs of being burnt, or his bones being broken from impact.

Oddly enough, when they got the results, he had no signs of being burnt, and no broken bones either, which seemed odd to me. I waited hours for him to wake up, and when he did, he seemed perfectly fine.

Other than him having a migraine, a major temperature, and was constantly coughing. (A.N: I can relate to you, man :(. )

Yeah, not too good.

"What happened?" I asked him after he'd managed to speak again.

He groaned as he put his hand over his forehead to check his temperature.

"I... I don't know. I just felt myself being sort of... lured to the attic, and I found this stone,"

he raised the stone that had burned me,

"It was burning, but for some reason I just couldn't let go, and suddenly it like... glowed. And then I was sent flying."

I blinked. Wow. I... don't know what to think. Could this be the item he's been searching for? If so, then that probably means he'll leave soon, which honestly kind of upset me.

For the rest of the day, I left him alone to go about my day as usual, and, weirdly enough, the next day he was perfectly healed, as if nothing had ever happened.

~~~~~~(LE TIME SKIP!)~~~~~~

The hunters all cheered as Artemis told us to pack our bags for a quest. However, I knew something was off the moment she pulled me to talk to me.

"Uh, can I help you?" I asked.

"This isn't the time for joking around Percy." She replied seriously.

"Alright, fine. What do you want to tell me?"

"Well, Lord Zeus ordered it himself, having scenced a powerful presence. And that's really bad, considering the fact that it came from your father's domain."

First the stone, now this? What's going on?! Deciding it was appropriate timing, I told Artemis about what happened with other-me and the stone.

"That's... troubling. I've heard of this type of Magic from Hecate before, and she told me only her, the Fates and Chaos, creator of the universe, can do it. It's called bonding magic, meaning that for some it will not affect them, and after it has  touched their first person, they are bonded together, unless the object is given up by the owner."

She explained,

"But I don't think The Fates, Chaos or Hecate made it. The Fates don't have enough time, Chaos wouldn't really care, and Hecate can't perform magic this strong. The last time she performed this type of magic... was a combined effort between her, Zoe and the Fates to create your sword."

My sword was made by Hecate and the fates?! I mean, I knew Zoe couldn't have made the sword alone, but still, I didn't know the sword was made by such powerful beings for all demigod like me.

"I think I'm gonna need to take some time to process everything." I said, still slightly dazed.

"Alright. But try to get a lot of sleep. I have a feeling we'll all need it for tommorow."

I nodded and turned around, about to walk away, when her hand clasped my shoulder.

"Percy, promise me. Promise me you won't die. Promise me that if I die, you'll take over the hunt."

I tried arguing, but I knew she wouldn't budge.

"Alright, I'll try my hardest," I said. "But I can't promise anything."

I waved goodbye, before going back to my cabin for a good night's rest.

~~~~~
Hey guys! Sorry for not posting in such a long time, but now I'm back, but I'm not going to be posting as much, because I'm going to be busy with school and everything like that.

Anyways, enough rambling. I hope you enjoyed.

Peace! ✌

-AMR