Chapter 5

Percy POV

I was excited to become a god. I can become a god, and be on the same level as my crush! Not some puny mortal boy she could stomp on whenever she liked. Although, I knew that she would never do that.

Artemis teleported us just outside of the throne room. I could hear arguing through the door, like usual. Artemis opened the door, and the noise immediately stopped.

Zeus looked at me knowingly. He then smiled. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! Oh, wait. False alarm. Just him smiling. He wasn't smiling because he was starting an apocalypse. At least, I hope not. Wouldn't it be cool, if a zombie walked through the-

Oh, wait. I'm getting off track. I then realized that while I was daydreaming about an apocalypse, Zeus had explained to the others why I'm here, and of what happened at Camp. Athena looked at me sympathetically.

I sighed. "Athena, I know what you're going to say. You don't need to be forgiven for something your daughter did."

She nodded, and gave me a small smile. At least I hadn't blown up on her, like I did with Chiron. She would have killed me right then and there, if I did do that to her.

All my reckless anger seemed diminished, and I hoped that I wouldn't blow up like that again.

"Well,"

Poseidon asked. I could hear the excitement in his voice.

"What are we waiting for? Let's turn my son into a god!"

The council got up, and Artemis smiled brightly when she did so. She had a twinkle in her eyes, which was barely noticeable. I could spot Athena already begin to think of a way to tease Artemis.

They each fired a beam towards me at the same time, and I found myself back at the Styx again, but this time, instead of being with Nico, I was with the gods. My dad gave me a thumbs up, while Zeus began to speak.

"You have to enter the Styx. Remember, you need to have an anchor to either the mortal or the immortal world."

Instead of being nervous like last time, I jumped into the river Styx, completely submerged in Styx water. I felt like all hope was lost. I should just give up. My skin seemed to be boiling, but then, an image formed, and the pain on my skin and the sudden horrible thoughts disappeared.

There stood a fake, made up island in front of me. On the island, was Nico, impatiently tapping his foot.

"Come on Perce, you need to make it out alive!"

As I was about to overcome the Styx, I fell deeper in, and this time, on the island, was Thalia, looking worried.

"Kelp Head, if you don't get out, I will shock you!"

I wanted to reply. I wanted to tell her that I would see her and Nico again, but I couldn't, or else I would choke on Styx water. Apparently, visions of Nico and Thalia weren't strong enough to pull me back to land.

The island blurred, and turned to black. The feeling of having burnt skin came back. I felt misery. I felt anger. I felt lament. I felt clumsy. An image slowly began began to form, turning into a crimson red palace.

My body was automatically moving in the made up place. I arrived at a sort of throne room, that looked similar to the one on Olympus, except there were only five thrones.

There was one throne in the middle, holding a cup of Styx water. On the left of it, was a throne with whole lot of everyday questions, and answers to them embedded into the throne. To the left of that, was a throne that was on fire.