Face to Face

None of them could unite their eyelids even for a fraction of a second… fate didn’t let them sleep..waiting for the clock to strike 05.00 hrs… time…… one waiting for the fateful second when he will loose his life… another waiting for the graceful moment when life will embrace her…..contradictions..  well life is a contradictory game and they all are puppets of the show called life….strings controlled by fate!

Major Nairs office, 00.05hrs..

Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia reporting sir.. salutes naina.. she finds to her uttermost surprise her Rajveer Sir absent.

Major Nair looks through the corner of his eyes, smiling devilishly…kya baat hai cadet singh, tumhare Rajveer Sir abhi tak aye nahi? Raat ko soye nahi kya? Kiske khwaabo me jaage the??

Naina knits her brows in disgust. But she kept silent… she herself was surprised..Captain Rajveer is known for his punctuality.... How can he be late? Instinctively she looks at the wall clock... She breathes relaxed watching the time.. it is 05:00:15.. means 45 long seconds left to 05:01.00. and she is sure, her Rajveer sir will be here any time before 05:01:00.. afterall no one on this earth can  question her Rajveer sirs punctuality..

Jee nahi Sir.. kal raat bohat ache se soya.. woh kya haina kal suriji baingan ka bharta bohat achha banaya.. kuch zyada hi kha lia tha.. isliye neend bhi zabardast hua.. smirks Rajveer.

Captain Rajveer Singh Sekhawat reporting Sir. Salutes rajveer.. protocol which he has to abide by, makes him salute the most incompetent man in the army services.. he has to!

There comes another surprise for Naina.. Captain Rajveer in this avatar!.. this is unknown to her even.. well she will get to see this side even.. in future.. she thinks and blushes..

Has her mind accepted what her heart says?? Well her changed demeanor suggests so..
Just few statements of truth from a friend can bring such huge changes..
Well this is the truth... And she has to accept it.. sooner or later.....

Captain Shekhawat you will have to drive to Point Rakshak along with Cadet Singh. Sources se khabar aya waha par ISI activities kuch zyada hi badh gaya hai. Smuggled arms se bhada ek truck aj border cross karne wala hai. You will have to stop it.. says major Nair in a serious tone.

Sir, yeh mission thoda risky hai. I don’t understand, ek first year cadet kaise nominated ho gayi to escort me for this? any of the Lieutenants could have been selected. Questions Rajveer

Sir, I will assist you.. I want to sir. please…. Says Naina not knowing her statements can invite some ugly intended words from Nair...

Cadet Singh, will you shut up? Kya aapko pata hai missions par kaise kya kia jaata hai? Nahi na? aap abhi under training hai, sipahi bani nahi..  says rajveer in a no nonsense tone..

Kya aapko apne cadets par bharosa nahi hai? Aap hi ne to train kia hai in logo ko.. comes Major Bhargavs shrewd voice from behind…

Major Bhargav enters the room in wearing a cunning smile..

Sir, mujhe apne aap par aur apne cadets par poora bharosa hai. Says Rajveer confidently.

Takleef bus is baat pe ho rahi hai ke Brigadior Chandok k absence mein KMA ek kabil junior officer nahi dhoond paya jo mujhe is mission par assist kar sake. As per rules are concerned, trainees are not allowed to be a part of missions like this.. Doesn’t this question the competency of the officiating principal? Smirks Rajveer

Oh Come on Captain Shekhawat.. Aap rules k bare mein baat kar rahe hai? Joh ki har kadam par rules question karte hai? Answers Major Nair. Rather he questions…

Rajveer Smiles.. Sir, mere question karne se rules badla toh nahi gaya na? and im surprised aap, joh baat baat par rule book kholke baith jaate hai, aap kaise yeh bhool gaye??

Sorry for the interruption sir. I want to be a part of this mission. Sir, mujhe bohat kuch sikhne ko milegi.. ill learn a lot practically… this will enhance my combat skills sir. Says Naina in between, earning a strict gaze from Rajveer.

Was that the only cause that she wanted to assist him? Or something brewing in her mind.. was that she wanted to justify what Pooja said her about her Rajveer Sirs feelings few hours before? Was that she wanted to be with her Rajveer Sir to understand her ownself too??
Lots of questions.... Answers lied deep inside her soul.....
Can Rajveer read her soul this time? may be he already has read, but again he is reluctant to accept!

Sir please allow me assist you. I beg to you sir…. Naina requests..

See Captain, aapke Cadet Singh kitni beichan hai aapko assist karne ke kiye.. aap unka dil na tode.. says major Bhargav stressing intentionally on some words, which makes his intention even more clear. Fowl smirk kissing his lips..

Jaiye captain.. maza uthaiye.. I mean Point Rakshak  tak jaane wala raasta bohat hi haseen hai.. dilkash nazare hai.. speaks Bhargav again.

Bilkul theek kaha aapne sir. Rasta bohat hi Romantic hai.. we will enjoy the drive too sir.. Rajveer Smiles..
Kya pata phir kabhi yeh mauka mile na mile!
Nainas eyes were on the verge of jumping out of her eye sockets.. is it the real Rajveer sir? Or some impersonator?

Yeah Rajveer sir kya bol rahe hain? Woh bhi inlogo k saamne? Thinks Naina..

Suddenly she remembered Pooja's words.... "...Rajveer Sir pyaar karte hai tujhse.."
Kya sach me sir........ She didnot dare to complete her thought..

Lekin syed aap bhool rahe hai…. Har jeeti huyi jung k peeche hazaro sipahi ka balidan rehta hai.. ek khoobsurat gulab me bhi kaante hote hai.. har khoobsurat nazare ke peeche rehta hai chupa hua khatra aur kuch shareef chehre ke k peeche chupa hua rakshash hota hai.. says Rajveer putting stress on Shareef chehra and Rakshash..

And I promise you sir,mai duniya k saamne in saab ka naquab bohat hi jald hata dunga..confidence visible in his eyes..

saavdhan rahiye sir, kahiin aap logon ke chehre se utar na jaaye yeh naquab…. States Rajveer in a playful tone, his eyes brighter..

what do you mean Captain? Aap kehna kya chahte hai? Roars Major Nair

sir, actually aap dono abhi abhi neend se uth k aye hai.. the drowsy mask evident on both of your faces.. Mujhe aur cadet Singh ko sath bhejke aap log so to nahi sakte na. Nazardari to chalegi hi.. hum Dono kab kya kar rahe hai? I mean national issue hai sir, tension to hogi hi.. toh yeh present chehra to utar hi jyega na… replies Rajveer making innocent face.. his eyes screams his intention, his lips embracing a sweet smile..

both the evil souls shuts to Rajveers answer..afterall he has made them taste their own shit!!!!

Sir I think we should leave for our mission.. says naina as she senses a tension growing in the atmosphere.

Oh Yeah Cadet Singh. Sir Can you please provide me with the case file? We need to leave sooner..
Says captain Rajveer cominh back to his workaholic mode.

All the best Captain… wishes Major Nair while he hands over the file to Captain Rajveer..

Thank you…

Chalein Cadet Singh ?

Rajveer walks out straight without waiting for replies…..

Two war waiting for him....
His professional as well as personal life...both on the same sail.... Which one will he prefer to balance?

Naina on the other hand was still fighting with her feelings... Feelings that she is feeling today, feelings that she had just a night before..

How will their life take turn? Will fate succeed again in twisting their destiny?

The end..