Chapter Twelve

Based on the song: If We Have Each Other by Alec Benjamin

Guide:
Y/n - Your Name
F/C - Favorite Color
H/C - Hair Color
E/C - Eye Color
C/N - City Name
CO/N - Country Name
F/n - Father's Name
L/n - Last Name
F/F - Favorite Food

1035 words

——————————————————

You know the feeling of nostalgia? That is what you feel. Seeing man walking in with a cyborg body. Seeing another man walk in with a cowboy hat and long hair. But, no dark skinned man. Who cares?

You ran up to McCree and tackled him down with a hug. A scream of delight from you and a chuckle emerging from his throat.

  "Jesse!" you smiled, helping him up, "It's so nice to see you again!" he nods, tipping his hat.

  "You too, Darlin'." he chuckled, taking off his hat and plopping it on your head. You smiled and tipped it to him.

  "Ah, welcome Zenyatta. It is great to have you here." you heard behind you, Soldier: 76 was talking to an omnic monk..whom was levitating?

You looked behind him and spotted the cyborg. Green lights and grey metal. He looked your way and looked back at the monk before walking your way.

  "Yo." he smiled, giving a small wave. McCree smiled back while you gave a confused expression.

  "Well, hello there, Shimada." Jesse chuckled, patting his shoulder. You realized who this was and your eyes glistened as you watched him remove the mask covering his face.

  "Genji!" you smiled, hugging him as tight as you could. Feeling the metal and hearing a thumping in his chest. Metal arms found their way around your torso and a chin rested on your head.

  "Y/n, I missed you dearly." he smiled, you looked up to inspect his face. His eyes had gone from the ruby red to a hazel/brown and stubble had begun to grow.

  "What happened to you?" he looked off towards the omnic monk and you looked as well.

  "We could talk about that later, can't we? I really want to see the new recruits." he smiled, you raised a brow and looked over towards the small crowd.

  "Uh, so do I. How 'bout we do that?" Jesse suggested, obviously feeling just a bit awkward.

So, Genji, Jesse, and you all walked over. Meeting a rebellious DJ named Lucio, a MEKA pilot/gamer that decided to join named Hana, and finally the little girl that wanted to join.

  "Fareeha?" you looked at her, tears starting to well up in your eyes at how much she had grown.

  "Y/n?" she looked towards you, walking straight to you.

  "Your mother would be so proud of you." she nodded.

  "I hope so. How's Yoshiro?" she asked, you look down and then back to her.

  "They're in Hanamura, in a safe place offered to us by a nearby clan." you state, "Since our home was invaded by omnics." she nods.

  "I apologize, I'm needed elsewhere. Maybe we can talk later." you nod as she walks off and turns to join Genji and Mr. McCree.

You laugh at the small name in your head and meet the two youngsters.

  "Oh, annyeong!(there is a formal greeting, but h)" Hana waves to you, you give a smile and give a small wave to them both.

  "Hello."

  "Y/n, right?" you nod and Lucio smiles.

  "Nice to meet you, I've heard alot about you from the members here." you nod, feeling quite awkward. It's going to be a long night.

4 hours later

You stood in the training room, punching your bag and focusing on earning your strength back. It's been quite a long time, since you've been in this room.

You aren't strong.

Punch

Give up.

Punch, Punch

TRASHY MOTHER!

Roundhouse kick, almost ripping the thing down. No, you've never heard these before. The small voice always helped you out, getting you an adrenaline rush.

  "Y/n? I didn't expect you in here at..." he checked the clock, "11 pm." he started walking towards you. The green lights on his body glowing. You only chuckled.

  "I couldn't sleep." he tilted his head, "I swear."

  "Okay, well I still have a story to tell you." he raised a brow after sitting down and setting his mask to the side.

You sat and listened the entire time. Listening to how he had to have replacements to his entire body, had to find peace with himself and his body, and how he visited Hanzo one last time before coming here. You were absolutely shocked at the details.

You both decided it was a good idea to sleep, so you went to your separate room and laid down for the night. Thinking about that story.

The Next Morning

You wake up to the sun hitting you right in the face, your hair is a mess and it looks like you crawled out of a swamp.

'Oh shut it.'

Fine, you woke up perfectly fine. Slipping your legs off the edge of rhe bed and clambering into your uniform. Today was a training day for you and you knew exactly where to go. Right to the hill to the east of the base.

A long hike and you get there. Sitting down in front of the single tree, an oak tree to be exact. The sound of people disappeared as you closed your eyes.

Feeling a presence around you made you feel uneasy, but you acknowledged it.

  "Hello." you simply smile, the being sits besides you.

  "Greetings," the voice of an omnic, "I apologize, I will leave if you would like." you opened your eyes and looked at the omnic monk. Your head shook from side to side.

  "No, it is quite alright. It isn't my tree. Our Blackwatch commander planted it here years ago, for me and my child." the omnic nodded.

  "My name is Tekhartha Zenyatta, though I am called Zenyatta by my friends. Therefore, you may call me Zenyatta." he stated.

  "Y/n L/n, my friends call me Y/n. They haven't figured out a really good nickname yet." you laugh. He chuckled at you and you look down closing your eyes.

You get up and start up the tree, finding your way to the flat area and of course Zenyatta followed.

  "Genji?" you spotted the cyborg and rushed over, "What are you doing here?"

  "Meditating." you nod as Zenyatta sits next to Genji.

  "Oh, well I hope you don't mind me training up here." the two shook their heads and you smiled, "Great."