Chapter 21

September 28th

"Would you ever drink again?" I ask Toby in the car as he drives.

"I have considered it before."

"When?" If I even get close to considering it, I do it.

"When we weren't together." He looks right into my eyes, then back at the road.

I know I shouldn't be happy about this, but I kind of am. I'm glad I wasn't the only one hurt.

"I'm sorry I did that Alice."

"It's fine." I adjust the backpack of drugs on my lap.

"No it's not fine. I left you when you needed someone the most." He turns at the red light.

We are going to a lake. The rest of the ride is silent. I get out with my backpack. If we get caught by cops, I'm definitely going to jail.

We walk over to the water. No one is here. I open my old bag slowly. I take out some ecstasy pills in small bag, I unzip the bag, and take out the small pills. I take a deep breath. Toby puts his hand on my back. I stand up from kneeling, and throw the pills in the water. I throw them far.

Then, I take out a bottles of vodka. I give Toby some and I take some. We both throw them far into the deep unknown water.

Next, all my bags of heroine. This is going to be the hard part. My eyes start to tear up. This was my life. How was I so stupid? I could have found someone like Toby years ago, I could have a job, I could go to college, but instead I chose these stupid drugs. The three bags of heroine sit my my hand.

"You want me." the heroine whispers to me.

I wipe the tears from my cheeks, take the step, pull my arm back, and throw my old life into a dark, ugly lake. Time to look away from my past, and look toward to future.

Toby's POV

Her pale skin in the moonlight shimmers, tears trickle down her cheeks, her eyes stare into the dark lake. This shows me she is ready to move on from her past, and move on toward the future. Her past will be a place she will rarely visit, just like a dark lake.

My phone interrupts the silent moment. The phone reads Maria. I decline the call, but second later it rings again. I hurry and decline it again. I look up at Alice, her eyes are full of wonder and curiosity from the phone call I declined so quickly.

"We should probably go." She looks at the sky as it starts to rain.

We walk back to the car. I lock the doors before she gets it. I bend down and grab some mud that has formed from the rain. I throw the mud at her. She squeals, but end up throwing mud back at me. We get in a mud fight war. She laughs, a real laugh. Sometimes I will try to to laugh just so I can hear her amazing laughs.

All of a sudden she stops smiling and laughing, no more mud is thrown.

"We really need to leave." How can her mood change so quickly?

"I still love you." I walk toward her.

"I still love you." Her eyes brighten at my reassurance.

I love how just one look from me can brighten her eyes. I wish I could he with her forever, but that would be impossible.

(I know it's short, but I am doing a double update! Please don't forget to vote and comment please! xoxo)