Chapter 10

September 1st

Rachel and I are in the car with my mom. My mom is already getting on my nerves, she acts so proper.

"Your sister is coming over for dinner, will your guest be staying for dinner as well?" My mother is such a snob.

I look at Rachel.

"No she isn't." I don't feel like dealing with people.

The rest of the car ride is full of silence, me checking my phone every second to see if Toby has texted me, me wanting to call Toby. Toby's words keep replaying in my mind, everything he ever said to me plays in my mind, anyway he ever touched me is enough to make me cry just by thinking.

We arrive at my old house I use to live at. The place where I would come home drunk, and high almost every night, if I came home at all.

"Rachel are you sure you don't have anywhere you want me to drop you off at?" My mom asks her.

"Yeah, I'll just walk to the store down there." Rachel answers. "See you later Alice."

I spot my sisters car in the large driveway. I grab my bags and hurry inside before anyone tried to talk to me.

"Aunt Alice is here!" One of Jade's very loud children announce.

Aunt Alice? The kids barley know me. I flip the kid off and run upstairs to my room. I hear the little girl start crying but I don't care, that won't be the last time I make her cry from me being rude.

"She is crazy don't pay attention to that." My sister tells the little girl.

I take a deep breath. It's the truth, I am crazy. I get to my old room. They fixed the whole in the door. I turn the door nob, sometimes I would be so out of it I didn't even know how to open a door. Someone cleaned my room, fixed my bed, and threw away the drugs that were left in it. My window isn't broken anymore. It looks so different, but still the same. I step into my room. It doesn't even smell like the perfume I would put on everyday anymore. I go over to my closet. All my old clothes are hung up perfectly. I turn to my desk that has a note on it, I pick it up.

"Alice, I know things have been difficult with dad dying, but drugs and alcohol won't solve your problems. I didn't put you in rehab because you weren't perfect enough for this family, this family will never be perfect again, but I want to at least try and make it close.

When you read this I hope you are completely sober forever, if not then don't put this letter down yet. I don't know where your dad and I went wrong with you, your sister didn't turn out the way you did, so I guess it was me. I don't know where I went wrong with you. After your dad died you were so dark, you even scared me. Anyways, I am so sorry for your loss. I never got to tell you that. I hope someday you will make the right decisions, and do something great with your life" Tears take over my eyes.

"Alice time for dinner." My stupid step dad announces.

I wipe my tears away, and walk down stares. Everyone is already at the dinner table, my mom, step dad, sister, two nieces, and brother in law.

I try not to draw any attention to myself as I join dinner, except everyone looks at me.

"Can I help any of you?" I ask with attitude.

They all look away.

"So, Jade any big plans with you life?" My step dad questions.

"Yes, I have been waiting to tell everyone this, but I'm pregnant." My sister squeals. "It's a boy." She pulls out a an ultrasound picture.

"That awesome honey." My mom congratulates her. "Any names?"

"We have been thing about Toby." The name hurts to be said out loud.

When I realize what she just said I yell "You better not!" I let my fork make a loud noise on my plate. "I hope all your kids turn out just like me! I hope they kill their baby's, and do drugs!"

The little girls gasp as well does the rest of the family. I run out of the house. I can't stay there.

(Hope you like it so far! Don't be afraid to comment if you have anything to say about the book, that would be very helpful! Also do to forget to vote! xoxo)