Chapter 1

That quote just got to me, it reminded me so much of Damon and Sophia 😭😭.

Damon

My eyes followed her every move, as she hummed a soft tune happily. Her contagious smile lit up her beautiful face and I couldn't help but be awe of her. Even after all this time, my heart palpitated a little bit faster whenever she was in the same room as me. She was beautiful in every sense of word and no one else could compare to her, for me she was the only one.

Every time, Amelia said something funny, she let out a loud laugh, throwing her head back and clutching her stomach as her eyes twinkled in delight. But under all those genuine smiles, was a woman who was hurt so bad, who couldn't sleep at night and would just let it all go. Every time, she glanced down at Amelia's stomach, she subconsciously rubbed her own as a sad smile took over her lips.

I didn't know the thoughts that were running through her mind, but I knew that if I could turn back time and make everything right, I would, without a second thought. But what happened, happened and we can't turn back time, but we can hope for a better future.

Maybe when the time came for her to find someone else, I would be on the sidelines watching her be happy without me and that only thought breaks my heart to pieces, but I know that it's my fault. I ruined our relationship by doing something so stupid and unforgivable. Because of my stupid decisions, she's the one who's suffering the most.

Even when we were little kids, I always saw her as more than a friend. When she smiled, it was a sight to see for the sore eyes and I promised myself that I would be the only one to make her smile and laugh like that, but I never knew I would be the one to make her cry the most too. I wish I could tell her how sorry I am, but that won't change the fact that I killed our own child.

The fact that I drugged her on purpose kills me every time I think about it. I should've sat her down and told her that I was a drug addict and bringing a child into this world was out of the question. But maybe that would've ended our relationship and that's what I was afraid the most. Losing her, would feel like losing my own oxygen.

But now I lost her and there is no way to piece back the love we had for each other. I could only hope that she finds happiness soon, even if it's not with me. Her being happy is my first priority and if I have to watch her kiss, hug and love someone else, so be it. As long as that smile doesn't slip off her face forever, I am content with whatever she does.

"Yo Damon, stop staring at her, if she catches you, it won't be good for the both of you", Hearing Hunter's amused words, I turned in his direction and scowled.

A grin spreads on his face when he saw my expression and he descended the stairs to stand next to me. Even though, he doesn't show it, I know waking up everyday without Melody is killing him. The minute we lost her, half of Hunter's soul was gone with her, but the other half remained where his son was. As promised, Hunter took Melody's son as his own and the love he had for him was unconditional.

Every time he looks at Nicholas, he's eyes brighten up and the sadness just goes away little by little. Melody was a sweet woman who deserved the world but now that she's gone, Hunter's world became dull again but I know that Nicholas brightens up his days.

"Why are you looking at her anyways?", He rose his eyebrows as he took his spot next to me.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I cleared my throat, "I just miss her you know".

A moment of silence washed over us and I glanced at him to see him gulp. He blinked back his tears and a sardonic smile took over his lips, "Trust me, I know the feeling pretty damn well".

Turning my attention back to the front, my eyes watched as Amelia and Sophia talked animatedly amongst each other. After a while, Sophia let out a sigh and turned back to her work. Amelia left the room with a little smile on her lips and now it was just her in the kitchen.

"I'll be right back", Hunter let out a chuckle and shook his head when he understood my intention.

Taking this chance, I strolled out of the hall and walked into the kitchen. Leaning against the threshold, my eyes surveyed over her soft features. Ed Sheeran's music blasted through the speakers and without paying attention to me, she danced slowly to the tune while washing the dishes.

My hands itched to wrap themselves around her waist and my heart was seeking her comfort. Just when I was about to take a step forward, she turned around and her eyes widened at the sight of me. Blinking several times, her trembling hands dropped down to her sides as she gave me an intense look.

The tension in the room seemed to stiffen and so did our bodies. Taking tiny steps, I now stood in front of her, gulping, her eyes flitted away from mine and looked towards the ground. My hands slowly came up to cup her cheeks and once they made contact with her skin, she seemed to stiffen even more.

"Please don't",

——————————————————————————-

Whop, there goes my heart into outer space, I swear these two will really be the death of me, although I was already dead in Melody and Hunter's story 😭😭.

Please don't forget to vote and comment 💕.