Prologue

Sophia

It's funny how quickly something can change. It feels like yesterday when he promised me that he wouldn't break me, yet he did. He didn't just break me, he shattered me to pieces until there was nothing but a shell of a person left. There is no one to hear the sobs of agony as it racks through me every night in these four confined walls of a room but I knew deep inside me, somehow, only he could hear me.

It tears me apart when I remember the baby growing inside of me, so tiny yet so full of life. But he's not here anymore, instead he's torn away from me all because of him. I know I shouldn't blame him for what he did because maybe he had his reasons, but whatever those reasons were, no one should kill an innocent child, let alone their own.

Part of me hates him for what he did to me, but the other sick part, still loves him no matter what. The memories we've shared still linger there at the far back of my mind and whenever his near, my heart just betrays me and palpitates just a little harder. Whatever his reason may be, there is no excuse what he did would be forgiven.

Our relationship wasn't supposed to turn into love, instead we were supposed to keep the promises we've made and stick by the rules, but like they say, promises are sometimes made to be broken. As we spent more time together, my heart just knew he was the only one who could make me feel things no one ever did.

I had all my future planned out and it all included him, I could see him getting down on his knees and proposing, us getting married, raising our kids together and growing old as we reminisced our times together, but those plans seemed impossible now all because of what he did.

"You know, you've been staring at that wall for quiet some time now", Someone mused beside me.

My eyes strayed away from the caramel walls and fell onto Amelia who was leaning on the counter with her arms crossed over her chest. Staring intently at me, she rose her eyebrows in question and subconsciously stroked her baby bump. Shaking my head, I sighed and tried to cover up the sadness with a smile.

"Oh it's nothing, you know my mind always goes away into dreamland", Letting out a chuckle, I distracted myself by wiping the counters.

To this day, Amelia still doesn't know what occurred between Damon and I. Sebastian always reminds me to tell her, yet I couldn't find the strength in me to sit her down and tell her my whole life story. Maybe it was safe to keep her in the dark, she's been through so much and I don't want to add more problems onto her plate.

But somehow deep inside me, I knew when the time came, I would have to tell her eventually. But right now, it just wasn't that time. Sometimes, when I looked at her, I could imagine myself also raising my own child, see him walk, hear his first sweet words and make him laugh whenever he wanted to cry, but I couldn't do those things, simply because he's not here anymore.

"Sophia, what do you think about making a chocolate cake, this baby is craving it", Hearing her giggle, brought a genuine smile upon my face.

Turning my body towards her, I widened my grin, "Well we can't say no the little baby".

Setting out the ingredients, we both got to work, after an hour of baking and battering, we were all done. Washing the dishes has always been my escape, I don't know what was special about it, but somehow it got me to stop thinking too much, instead I would always focus on the task at hand.

Footsteps were heard from the stairs and I chuckled as Madison squealed from the hallway. She ran into the kitchen and hid behind Amelia's dress as Nicholas tried to chase her. A wave of sorrow washed over me as my mind went to Melody. It has been three months since her passing and although Hunter was still an empty soul, he tried to pull himself together for the sake of his son.

I was really happy that Hunter found someone who could understand him and the love they've shared was so beautiful but so heartbreaking. I thought they both would end up together like Amelia and Sebastian but for them, fate had other plans and I know that Melody's soul still lives on with Hunter. Their love will never end.

"Mama, help, Nicholas won't stop running after me", Madison complained as she glared at him.

Amelia bent down with her hands on her stomach, "Honey he's just playing around with you".

Madison took small steps towards Nicholas and grinned up at him as she flicked his forehead. Letting out a low hiss, his eyebrows shot up and they both disappeared from the kitchen running off to god knows where. My hands gripped Amelia's arms and pulled her up from her position.

Voices were heard and we both turned our heads to see Sebastian and Damon walking through the kitchen door. No matter how much I tried to will my heart to calm down, it wouldn't, somehow it found a way to palpitate even faster and as my eyes surveyed his form, the memories we've shared somehow resurfaced.

Whenever I saw him, I wanted to run into his arms and never let go of him, yet I knew he wasn't mine to hold anymore. Some day, he would find someone else to love and I would have to endure every single moment they spend together. Just the thought of him holding and kissing someone else made me sick to the stomach, yet I couldn't find the will to forgive him for what he did.

Our eyes clashed together and the world stilled around us. As we gazed at each other, our beautiful memories played themselves before our eyes, yet the sadness we shared was nothing compared to what we've been through. Maybe in the far future, I could forgive him, but right now, I just needed to be alone like I always was in this world.

—————————————————————————-

Hello pretty people how have you been lately? So here is the prologue of Damon and Sophia's story and I am already crying because their story is damn heartbreaking 😭😭. What did you think of the chapter?

Please don't forget to vote and comment 💕.