Chapter XIX : Butterflies Awakening

CHAPTER NINETEEN :       Butterflies Awakening

            It’s been a week since that getaway at San Narciso. Tessa was out of town for nearly three weeks now, they are in Cebu working on an advertisement that showcases the beauty of the place. Well Vera, since she started at that grand production house, she was always out of reach, I am afraid for her actually, I know how parlous the spot light and the high end living could be.

            I am sat the kitchen stool, trying to find something to try at the kitchen through the World Wide Web. I am honestly unreliable when it comes to cooking but at least I can fry.

            Feeling hopeless, I decided to go out and have my lunch somewhere at the mall. Well, yeah, Aunt Mika left our car here, but I am hopeless driver, I can’t understand the basics or I just don’t like to know.

            I am riding the cab to the mall. When I saw Matt, he is striding across the pedestrian. Oh good heavens, he is so hot. He wears a navy blue shirt and those jeans hanging from his hips. Oh, those hips. I am biting my lips deeply, I paid the cab and went out, I walk to the pedestrian to his side, but he does not seem to notice me, he has earphones attached to his ears and he stares blankly at his way. I gulp the tension and compose myself,

            “Hey, Matt.” I somehow manage to touch his arm, he look down at me, his eyes blank and he looks boring. He just raise an eyebrow as his appreciation of my existence, he took out one of the earphones and said,

            “Can I help you?” he sounded so distant, I feel the sweating at my feet and hands, geez, this is embarrassing.

            “A-I am headed to the mall, nice to see you though.” And I walk pass him, I walk robotically, I screwed it, I screwed it!!! Then firm hand drags me by the waist and there is a deafening honk in the air, the other people at the island are staring at me with amusement and irritation, the sweating is getting way worst than ever. My palpitating heart is rebelling inside my rib cage. I feel unable to make a step or stand firmly by my own.

            I am afraid to look at anyone anymore. Vanna the Accident Magnet. I sighed inwardly. As the light turns green at front of us, I am surprise that Matt held me by the waist and we walk our way to  the entrance of the mall.

            I ate in total silence, sat in front of me was the spacing out Matt, he still has his earphones attached and eating almost everything on his plate. I find the awkwardness really unbearable so I talk up.

            “Don’t you think it’s rude to have your earphones attached when you are obviously with a companion?” I said still twirling the pasta with the fork. He lifted his gaze to me and detaches one of it,

            “What?” he snapped. Oh boy... Where did your manners go?

            “I said it is rude to have earphones attached when you are with a companion.” I state it again, his brows furrowed and have his hands entwined where his chin rested.

            “Doesn’t bother you right?” he eyed me manipulatively. His gaze making me melt, I break eye contact and stare at my food, I remembered the day when Harold drove me home. Oh no!

            “Look, about what happened a week ago—“

            “Doesn’t matter.” And he eats the remains of his food. I feel so dumbstruck of his behaviour. Was he pissed of what he saw before? I tried to eat but I already lost appetite. I am feeling a great deal of dismay. I tried to chew some bread but I seriously lost the desire to eat.