Chapter 25

"Goddesses! It's just as gorgeous as I remember!" Y/N exclaimed. Link looked around sadly and huffed.

"Oh, Link. I'm sorry, I'm so inconsiderate...I forgot about-"

"Don't worry, Y/N," He smiled sadly,"It'll come back to me." Y/N smiled back at caressed that back of his hand with her thumb. He gripped her hand in his own and squeezed it reassuringly.

"My goodness! Hylians! You two, you are just the people I'm looking for- my gods, Y/N, is that you? And...and Link?" A tall Zora said. Y/N could recognise that voice anywhere. She looked up at him. He was much taller than her now, and he was wearing fine jewellery and a blue sash, adorned with the Zora Crest. The Prince looked down at the Princess' and the Knight's intertwined hands and cleared his throat. Y/N hesitantly dropped Link's hand, much to Link's dismay.

"S-Sidon! I came as quick as I could. I heard that Vah Ruta-" She was interrupted by the Zora Prince.

"Oh, no! Don't worry about that now! Both of you must be exhausted from your journey! Come, come! Let me escort you to the Inn. Well, the rental beds really," His voice lowered to a whisper,"between you-me, I'd hardly call it an 'Inn'."

"Ha, of course..." Y/N said awkwardly, scratching her neck.

"Link! It's wonderful to see you, too! Do tell me, how was your recovery? I was saddened to hear of your fall, as were we all. But, alas, you are here now, looking healthier than ever! I trust you still have your appetite?" At the mention of appetite, Link's eyes lit up. Y/N chuckled quietly to herself.

'He always was such a gluttonous knight...'

"Ah! Well then, allow me to call for a meal to be prepared as a welcome from us Zora!" Sidon exclaimed, doing his signature pose.

"Oh, Sidon, that won't be necessary!" Y/N said, rather quickly. Understandably, she and Link wanted to try and be unnoticed, so as to fix Vah Ruta as quickly as possible.

"Nonsense! Come, I shall take you to the Inn. You get yourselves rested while I sort everything out," Sidon said cheerfully,"oh, Y/N. My father would most likely want a word...if you please."

Y/N looked at Link with sad eyes. He looked at her the same way,"Don't worry, Link. I shan't be long. Wait for me, will you?" Link smiled and nodded, back to his quiet self. Poor boy.

As Link headed towards the Domain's Inn, Sidon and Y/N headed towards the Throne Room. Sidon could feel her uneasiness.

"My dear, you needn't be worried," Y/N cringed at the formality,"I understand about the betrothal. It was a long time ago...and I understand that you may have feelings for our young Hylian Knight, there."

Y/N gasped,"What? Goddesses, no! Link? I couldn't...Zelda, she-"

"Ah, Princess. You're rather flustered, no?" Y/N looked down,"Don't worry, Princess. Your secret is safe with me. Now, are we good?" Sidon turned to her and held his hand out.

"Good." Y/N said, shaking his hand with a smile.

"Goodness! Sidon, could this be? Is this the Princess Y/N? It's been years, my dear!" Said a loud, booming voice.