Chapter 21

You fell to your knees, and tears  cascaded down your face, already red from crying earlier. All the doubt you previously had was gone, Link was awake.

Link, however, remained silent as you wept on the floor. The boy slowly wandered over to you, and knelt down in front of you, lifting your chin up and making you look him in the eye. His eyes. Those eyes you could easily get lost in, they lacked familiarity.

"I feel like I'm supposed to know you...I'm sorry." He whispered. His voice cracked half way through the sentence, making you cry once again.  He wiped your fresh tears away with a sad smile and walked towards Impa, who was once again sat upon her pillows.

Paya came over to you, and sat you on the lower step. The girl wrapped her arm around your shoulder. You leaned into her, fighting back the rest of your tears.

"He doesn't remember me, Paya. I knew something would go wrong..."

"Hey, don't say that. I-I'm sure that being asleep for 100 years would definitely take a toll on you. Maybe he'll regain his memories later on?"

"I don't know if I can go with him, he doesn't remember me, and that hurts." Paya rubbed soothing circles on your back, calming you, much like Zelda used to.

"(Y/N), you still wish to go to Zora's Domain, correct?" Impa asked. You nodded your head."Well then, take our friend Link with you. He's headed there as well. Return when you find out what is wrong with Vah Ruta."

-

The journey wasn't going to be extremely long, a week tops. That gave you a weeks worth of travelling with Link, whom over the past 100 years, had forgotten you.

Link was exploring the village, finding shrines, he said. You, on the other hand, were buying supplies for your trip. You bought everything from apples to arrows, just what you needed.

You thanked the store clerk and took your purchased items. From behind you, you could hear the door slide open. Turning around, you saw Link holding the Sheikah Slate in his hands, slightly smiling to himself.

"Oh, Link," You said, hiding the sadness you were feeling,"have you found the shrines you were looking for?"

Link nodded and said,"Yes, but there's another around here, the Sheikah Slate keeps beeping at me." You laughed quietly to yourself, but Link heard.

"Here, let me help." Since the Sheikah Slate used to belong to your sister, she always allowed you to take pictures and study Sheikah technology on it. You took the Slate from Link's hands, adjusted a few settings, and handed it back to him. He looked at you in disbelief. Link was so surprised by your actions, he didn't see you walk out of the store. He slowly jogged to catch up with you.

"How? I tried everything but-" You began to laugh again, slightly louder this time. This caused Link to pout.

"Is there something I'm missing here? Are you the person who's been talking to me- are you Zelda?"

You halted suddenly, causing Link to walk into you. With a sad smile, you turned to face the Hero.

"No," You said,"Zelda is my sister."

And she's alive.