Chapter 17

Two Sheikah Guards had found you and Zelda. You were still shocked as to what had happened to Link. Thousands of questions buzzed inside your head, concerned for the boy you had grown feelings for.

"His life is in your hands," Zelda said, snapping you back into reality,"take (Y/N) too. I want them both safe."

"Zelda, no! You have no means of protecting yourself!" One of the guards grabbed onto your arm with a tight grip, while the other carefully picked Link up.

"Zelda!" You yelled, trying to free yourself from the Guard's stubborn grip, but to no avail. It was useless, they were too strong.

"Zelda..." You whispered under your breath as you finally turned away from her.

-

To lose someone close to you is a horrible feeling, and you knew it all too well. As the 'Secret' Princess, all you could do was sit around the Castle, watching people come, and people leave. Your mother, for example. She had died when you were just 5 years old.

"Where are you taking Link? Will he be okay?"

"Don't worry, Princess-"

"(Y/N)."

"Don't worry, (Y/N). We are going to do our best to help him."

The two guards had taken you to Kakariko Village. Most of the villagers had evacuated due to the recent resurrection of Calamity Ganon. The only ones to stay behind were Robbie, Impa and Purah. The three of them had been carrying out research with Zelda on the Divine Beasts, and the production of the Sheikah Slate, which belonged to Zelda.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry-" Purah said before you cut her off by bursting out in tears.

"(Y/N) listen. There's not much we can do right now, there's only one option. We will take him to one of our most recent inventions," Robbie said, beginning to tap his feet rapidly,"The Shrine Of Resurrection!" He exclaimed, posing. Impa hit him on the head and said,"Not now."

They explained that the Shrine places a Stasis effect on the person inside it. They do not age, they heal. Link will be healed completely, but they did not know how long it would take.

"We may be talking about 50 years for his wounds to heal. He's in quite a state."

"50 years? Will he see me again?!" You began to panic. You didn't want Link to next see you as an old lady, or possibly not at all.

"Don't worry, sweet," Purah said,"we'll place a stasis effect on you and Zelda as well. I promise you'll see him again, as well as your sister."

"Can I see him?"

Purah, Impa and Robbie all turned to look at each other. They did not exchange words, only glances. Wordlessly, Impa directed you up the stairs of her house.

You slowly separated the curtain that was keeping you and Link apart. Stepping inside, you could see Link laying on a small bed in the corner of the room. He had no clothes on, only some pants. You could see he was covered in cuts, both deep and shallow, big and small. His chest was rising and falling, but very slowly. You brought yourself closer to the bed until you were by Link's side. Your hand lightly touched his chest, right above his heart.

"I will see you again," You whispered,"I promise."