Chapter 9•Visiting The Champion Part 3

The bird gulped, unable to find any words. Link glared at him from beside you.

"I-I-I'm so s-sorry, Your Highness..." He sounded scared, as though his pride and confidence had completely disappeared.

You and Link said nothing. The air was filled with an awkward silence as Citizens of Rito Village gathered to see what was going on.

Link cleared his throat,"(Y/N), this is Revali." You scoffed. This bird was a Champion?

"You'd have thought he'd have more manners. Perhaps I should have a word with Zelda-"

"No! No! Please, no! I-I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I-it was completely unnecessary behaviour. How can I make it up to you, Princess?"

You and Link shared an amused look, then began to laugh, much to Revali's dismay.

"You know what, Link. I'd like to go home."

You stood on the balcony of your bedroom in your Royal dress*, your (H/C) hair flowing in the wind. You closed your eyes and thought of the events of that day.

As you were so lost in thought, you didn't hear the Knight enter your room and stand beside you.

"Is that all I am? The other Princess?" You whispered to yourself, unaware of Link's presence.

"No, you're much more." His voice startled you. You jumped back in surprise,"how long have you been here?" You asked.

"Long enough," he replied,"you're much more than that, (Y/N)." Link began to lean in until your lips collided.

In somebody else's eyes, it would have been a perfect moment, their first kiss on a balcony with the sun setting behind you. A scene of peace and romance, but in your eyes, it was trouble.

You didn't kiss back, as much as you wanted to. Link pulled away, looking slightly disappointed.

"Sir Link, I appreciate the affection, but you do know that I am promised to another."

*Your Royal Dress is similar to Zelda's, but in your favourite colour.