Steve turned slammed the door in her face and took a shower cleaning himself and then changed. All done in a matter of 10 min. That was impressive with the way he was looking.

"LET'S GO!" Steve yelled running out the door

~~~ Time Skip the way there because why not ~~~

Steve was sitting at Bucky's side.

"Come on Bucky. I need you to wake up. I can't survive without you. I need you more than ever."

Tears were welling up in Steve's eyes. 

Natasha was sat next to Steve rubbing his back and looking at Bucky with sad eyes.

"He'll wake up soon. Don't worry." She said leaning her head on his shoulder

"This is all my fault. If I didn't bring him to the fight he wouldn't be hurt."

"If you didn't bring him you would be dead and Bucky would be a wreck and blaming himself. This isn't your fault. He said he was going to help you and he did. There were almost 50 guys there and you told me that all that was left when Bucky was hurt was around 25. You guys did great. He'll be fine and wake up soon. Stop blaming yourself for something that's not your fault."

"Fine."

 It wasn't fine though. Steve was scared out of his mind and he knew it was his fault. Nat was wrong. It would have been better for him to die than to have Bucky in pain. 

~~~ 2 weeks later ~~~

Steve had been by Bucky's side for 2 weeks. He only left when Nat forced him to eat or shower. Many visitors came to see Bucky. Clint, Wanda, Scott, and even Tony. 

Steve was in there so much they placed an extra bed in there for him to sleep on. 

One day Steve was holding Bucky's hand while he was sleeping. He really hasn't got proper sleep since Bucky was hurt. Anyways all of a sudden heard a noise and felt pressure on his hand.

He opened his eyes and saw Bucky staring at him.

"Bucky!" Steve screamed jumping on him

"Hey Stevie," Bucky croaked

Steve looked at the clock it was about 11 at night.

"Do want food Buck?" Steve asked getting off him

"I'll get it tomorrow. Sleep with me?"

"I should go get someone Bucky," Steve says in a soft voice

"Please stay!" Bucky pleaded, "This is my first time seeing you in... I don't know how long."

"Okay."

Steve gingerly crawled into Bucky's bed and wrapped his arms around Bucky.

"I love you, Stevie. Don't ever forget. I don't blame you for this. I can see in your eyes that you think this was your fault but it wasn't. Okay?"

"Okay. I love you too. Get some sleep now."

"You too."

Steve shook his head no.

"What do you mean 'no' Steve?" Bucky asked concerned

"I'm scared you won't wake up," Steve croaked

"Oh Stevie," Bucky said pulling Steve close, "I promise I'll wake up it will be okay."

"I love you," Steve whispered

"I love you too," Bucky hummed

<> <> <> This is not really a time skip. More like a sleep period. You get me? Probably not. <> <> <>

Steve woke up early the next morning. Bucky was still sleeping. Steve decided to go get them some breakfast. Steve got 2 breakfasts and headed back to the room. He realized it was 5 in the morning so he crawled back into Bucky's arms and fell asleep again.

Again Steve woke up to a noise like he did yesterday. This noise was not good though. It was high pitched but stayed the same.

Steve bolted out of bed and saw Bucky's heart monitor had flat lined. 

Steve pressed the button calling the doctor. He was screaming for help bawling his eyes out. He was terrified.

Nat and a bunch of doctors came rushing in the room. Steve was clinging on to Bucky. 

Nat pulled him off and dragged him into the hallway. She was holding him with all her strength. He was trying his hardest to break free and get into the room. The doctors were trying there best to keep him alive.

 She had no idea what happened to Bucky all she knew is that he must have woken at some point because he was in a new position and there were 2 breakfast plates in there. Steve NEVER did that.

~~~ Two Months Later ~~~

"It's okay Steve. You'll be okay. Don't be nervous. You look great. He'll love it I promise."

"Don't make a promise you can't keep. The last time that happened the person I loved didn't wake up. Now we're here for his funeral. And it does matter what I look like he can't see." Steve said grimly

"Okay, Steve," Nat said sighing.

The funeral took so long because Steve was too much of a mess to do it any sooner. Finally, he was convinced to do it. 

Steve just wasn't ready to let go.

The funeral started. It was your average funeral but it was very small. Bucky didn't have many friends and had no family. It was just the Avengers who knew him and some of the agents from S.H.I.E.L.D.

It was now Steve's turn for his speech.

"Promises. That's what you did before you died. You promised me you would wake up again. but you didn't. Why not? Because of me. I said that I should get someone so that they could check up on you, but I didn't. I crawled into bed and slept next to with you in my arms and me in yours. I would trade anything to be in that moment again. I woke up to get us some breakfast. I brought you back your favorite. Nice fluffy pancakes with butter and syrup with bacon on the side. I just got some eggs and bacon. When I got back you were still asleep. I looked at the clock seeing it was still early so I got back in your arms.

Then an hour later I experienced the worst thing in my life. I heard the noise of your heart monitor go into flatlining. I lost my boyfriend and worst of all best friend.

I had a big day planned for when you got out. It was gonna be so special.

I was gonna ask you to marry me."

Steve got out a box and opened it up to see a simple yet beautiful ring. He then grabbed a rose tied the stem around the ring and placed it on Bucky's chest. Tears were streaming down Steve's face. He walked back to the podium.

"Promises," he states again, "that's how this ended. You couldn't keep it though. I got a lesson out of this. Not to make promises you can't make. The doctors said you probably slipped into a coma then started to internally bleed so you didn't feel the pain.

I think you bled first and felt the pain but didn't tell me. You always tried to stay strong for me but you broke the promise. Now I'm not gonna make my promise to you. I'll never forget you or stop loving you."

A/n: Didn't expect me to upload today did you. Neither did I. I forgot I had a half day at school. Anyways here you go. 

Hit you in the feels, didn't it?