Upon opening the envelope, my eyes see a card in the folds. Retrieving the card forms knots in my stomach for the anticipation is eating me alive. My fingers open the white card and black handwriting litters the content.

Miss Albright-

I trust that you found yesterday interesting and I do wish to meet with you again. You are very passionate about your work and I admire that. If you could meet me in my office at 5 sharp this evening, I would greatly appreciate your presence and opinion on my upcoming work.

-H.S.

To say I'm in shock would be a blatant lie for I'm far beyond shock. This is jaw dropping. I can't bring a reason to mind as to why a man of his rank would ponder the thought of bringing me back into his presence. I'm nothing but a struggling girl trying to proceed through life, doing something I enjoy but barely making a living.

"Sue, what did the person look like? Who delivered this?" I inquire to the white haired secretary just outside my office door.

"She had red hair and blue eyes. I assume it was an assistant." I nod and return to work, typing the draft until an hour before my meeting with Erebus. Simulating reasons as to why he wants my opinion, rather than more known and professional acquaintances, is beyond any belief I recollect.

It is almost as if he's seen something that makes him want insight other than his own. The mind of Erebus is far more advanced than my own; even though he's a year older than myself. The nature of his office is irony in and of itself: the white furniture and window-covered walls. He's called the god of darkness, one who simply exists in the dark, but his office is open and bright.

After logging my computer off, I gather my work and place it in my bag. Offering the secretary a wave, she smiles and wishes a goodnight. My mind is elsewhere, only picturing Erebus' tall stature in my eyes. There is a small fear I hold as to what this man wants of me.

Upon walking into H Publishing, I see the familiar secretary and she guides me to the elevator. The ride up doesn't feel nearly as long as the first time and the bell signals the floor, my feet walking into the office.

"Miss Albright, have a seat," the deep recognizable voice annunciates. My body moves to sit and he stalks away from the window sill, sitting at his desk across from me.

"I have a question I need to ask of you," he states, my eyes watching his long fingers unbutton his suit coat.

"Yes?"

"What is your opinion on personality?" he asks, looking into my eyes. His bright green eyes look like emeralds; the color enticing.

"Personality is not something to base someone on, solely due to the possibility of false identity. A man could be a horrible person to the outside world, but the reality of the situation is that he is emotionally broken. Personality hides true identity behind emotion and isn't maintained well due to the sense," I explain, taking his curious expression as a thoughtful one.

"There is a man, who is undercover, and he's been claimed to have Multiple Personality Disorder. The only reason I'm asking your insight is because you have seen the world."

His blunt statement makes me fiddle with my fingers, unable to think straight. It's as if he's never been anywhere for himself because of how people would treat him. He's famous and well-known; the only fact deprived from the world is what he looks like.

"Yes, I've seen the world but that doesn't mean you shouldn't."

He frowns and stands, buttoning his suit coat and walks towards the window. "Come here," he says, my legs standing. My bag is placed on the floor beside the white chair and I follow after Erebus, his long stature halting my movements.