45. A Proper Response

It's me again God,

I'm tuned into Your voice as I start this day knowing that You will lead me and guide me as I turn to Your Word.  You have been so good to me and I thank You and praise You for all of Your mercies! The apostle Paul considers what his 'proper response' should be and today, so will I:

"Beloved friends, what should be our proper response to God's marvelous mercies? I encourage you to surrender yourselves to God to be his sacred, living sacrifices. And live in holiness, experiencing all that delights his heart. For this becomes your genuine expression of worship."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:1‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Lord I surrender all I am to You, my gifts and talents, time and money —set apart to serve You.  Lord I want to do only those things that bring delight to You —this is how I will worship You all through the day! I can raise my voice and hands in worship to You on Sunday but worship is much more —it's my lifestyle and it's 24/7!

"Stop imitating the ideals and opinions of the culture around you, but be inwardly transformed by the Holy Spirit through a total reformation of how you think. This will empower you to discern God's will as you live a beautiful life, satisfying and perfect in his eyes."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Lord if I am to live in holiness, I will need to be set apart from the way the rest of society thinks and acts.  Help me to make changes that are needed.  Lord it might mean that I turn off the TV to limit my intake of worldly ways and be more careful of what I am listening to or looking at as I use social media. You have a higher calling for me and time in Your Word will be a priority.  Thank You that I have Your Holy Spirit in me, transforming me completely and changing the way I think. It's definitely not something I could do alone in my own efforts. I am empowered to live the life You have planned for me —a beautiful life that is totally satisfying and in Jesus, is perfect in every way!

In His Name,
Amen.