Chapter 43

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

Ahana's Pov

One second everyone was standing still and the next thing I see Ranbir lunging himself at Aarav.

Shit!

Zain immediately held Ranbir back before he could punch living day lights out of Aarav. Aarav stood there with hands up in surrendering motion.

"WE'RE NOT SIBLINGS" Ranbir roared still struggling to get out of Zain's hold and punch Aarav for suggesting a chance with me.

"What is going on here?" We heard Ranbir's mom's voice and we turned towards the source of her voice. She was standing there with something in her hand. Is that a photo I see in her hand?

"Mom why didn't you tell me?" Ranbir demanded in his already angry tone.

"Tell you what?" She asked confused as she moved closer towards us.

"That it was Amol Rawat who left you pregnant" Ranbir hissed out, anger evident towards my so-called dad.

His mom looked as if something strong hit her. Her eyes widened because of what I don't know, maybe realization or confusion. She gasped at his tone but immediately shook her head making us look at her curiously.

"Aunty?" I called her out making her eyes look up towards me. Her eyes held an emotion in her eyes as she looked up at me which I couldn't comprehend.

"How do you know my father?" I asked her making everyone look towards her for answer. Everyone was desperate to know what is my father's connection with Ranbir's mother.

"Yes mom, is that Amol Rawat my asshole of a father?" Ranbir asked and this time Ranbir's mom shook her head furiously as if she was just asked to eat someone else's food which had their split mix with it.

"No not at all, who told you these things?" She asked looking more shocked then before when she finally understood what we were thinking.

"Then how do you know that man?" Ranbir demanded.

"He was my— no actually he is my Best Friend" she said correcting herself from was to is. My father and Ranbir's mother are best friends? That means she would know where he is, right?

"What?" I asked in an inaudible whisper making her look at me with a unbelievable expression on her face as if she can't believe what she is seeing in front of her.

"Yes, he is my best friend" she repeated her words and looked back at Ranbir. "And no he is not your asshole of a father Ranbir, he is someone else" she completed when everyone in the room took a sigh of relief.

Damn!! That last ten minutes were like living in a hell, I swear.

"Want to know the story?" She asked looking at all of us, when we nodded our heads, she gestured toward the sofa in living room. We followed her there and took a seat.