Chapter 42

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

Ahana's Pov

The dinner at Ranbir's was great. At first Ranbir's mom gave me a tough time asking some really personal questions and pulling my legs but I came to know from Ranbir's grandma that Ranbir's mother was just testing me.

I frowned at the thought of his mother testing me but I was relieved when she said that she likes me and would like to see me again.

It was past 9.00pm, and I was right now sitting in the living room at Ranbir's house along with Kaira and Zain at each side of me.

Throughout the dinner I've been avoiding Ranbir, even though I don't know why I'm avoiding him, but I'm enjoying him trying to gain my attention through various ways, may it be waving his hands in the air when I'm talking to someone or constantly messaging me even though my phone is on silent.

Currently Ranbir's mom is inside the kitchen making us our dessert. We friends were busy talking with each other. Grandma had gone to her room to rest, she looked tired.

I can feel Ranbir's gaze on me as I talk with Kaira about the latest movie, I take a look at him and he immediately looked down while his cheeks tented red as if he was embarrassed, I caught him staring at me.

Awe. My boyfriend is so cute.

I looked at Zain, he for don't know what reason looks lost in some thoughts. Aarav said he has been like that since he came to knew about my past. Then I felt a tad bad for sharing my past with them, I don't want them to worry about anything related to me.

I nudged Zain's shoulder with me making him look up at me and smile. "I swear if you're thinking about my past, I'll-" I was cut off by Zain when he kept his hand on my mouth.

I can feel Ranbir's gaze on us from the corner of my eyes. I take a look at him to see him glaring at Zain's hand on my mouth.

I looked back at Zain when he removed his hand. "No, I'm not pitting with you or anything, don't worry" he says and I nod my head waiting for him to continue.

By now everyone was looking at both of us. What is Zain thinking of then? I wonder.

"Don't you guys feel there is some connection right here?" Zain ask looking at the rest of the boys. They shook their head clueless. Kaira doesn't know anything so she was even more clueless.

"Okay, I came up with a theory but don't you both go killing machine on me" Zain say looking at me and Ranbir.

This brought my full concentration on him. What theory did he discover?

"What are you talking about man?" Ranbir ask curious.

"Okay guys, I'm going to state some points which made me discover this theory" he says and we nod our head, indirectly waiting for him to continue. He looks up at Ranbir.

"First. Ranbir don't know who his father is, right?" He asks looking at him. Ranbir nods his head clueless.
"You also said you know the initial letter of the person's name who is supposed to be your father, correct?" He asks to which Ranbir nods again.

Zain looks up at me. "Second. Ahana, you said your father cheated on your mom just the next day of your marriage, right?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, so?" I asked confused and looked at the boys. They shrugged their shoulders.

"Now again Ahana, what was your father's name?" Zain ask and I scowl. I really don't have any interest in taking his name. But if Zain knew something, I should tell him.

"Amol Rawat," I answer and just as I said that name, we heard the sound of something breaking. We turned to look at the source to see Ranbir's mom, staring at me wide eyes.

"Mom, are you okay?" Ranbir rushed towards her making her seat comfortably on the chair which was nearby. We all rushed towards her but her eyes did not leave mine even for once.

"You...you are Amol Rawat's daughter?" She asks unbelievably. Her eyes look at me shocked and hurt. I looked at her confused at her reaction on knowing my father's name. That's when Ranbir's words came to my mind. He had said he heard my father's name from her. Maybe she knows something about my so-called dad...

"Yes, mom she is, why what happened?" Ranbir asked curious looking at me and then at his mom continuously.

"I...I'll be back" his mom said as she got up and rushed to want I assume is her room.

I looked confused at everyone to see their expression mirroring mine.
We were standing in uncomfortable silence when all of a sudden, we heard a loud gasp.

It was Aarav. His eyes were wide as he put his one palm on his mouth as if he couldn't believe something. His other hand was pointing at me and Ranbir back and forth.

What?

"You...you two." he tried to say something but he couldn't, it was like he was speechless.

"You think so too?" I heard Zain ask him and Aarav nodded his head immediately.

What on the earth are they on about?

"Will you two tell us something? Why are you pointing at them and looking so shocked?" Abeer asked irritated.

"Join the dots you fool," Aarav say looking at Varun and Abeer, he looked shocked as if he couldn't believe his eyes as he looked at me and Ranbir.

"Which dots?" Ranbir ask lifting his brows.

"Think guys, the initial letter 'A' on the letter Ranbir's supposed to be dad had left for them, Ahana's father's name starts with 'A', and now Ranbir's mom's reaction" Zain says and soon I join the dots.

My eyes widen at the size of sorcerers. My heartbeats rose. No. No. No. This can't happen, please DAMN it. No.

I looked towards Ranbir. He was frozen on his spot. His eyes were on me, doing the same, looking for my reaction.

"OMG, YOU GUYS ARE SIBLINGS" Abeer yelled on top of his lungs. Thank you Abeer, as if we didn't know. I didn't move from my place when Kaira came and stood beside me caressing my arms.

"That means I have a chance with Ahana?" I hear Aarav say as he looked at Ranbir, mischief evident in his voice. Oh God, me and Ranbir step brother and sister?

At Aarav's question, Ranbir's head snapped towards him. You can see rage forming in his eyes. His breathing was heavy, his jaw clenched hard, his hands were clutched tight at his sides. His nostrils were flaring in anger, while his eyes were slowly turning a dark shade of his already brown eyes.

Holy mother of Chocolates, he looks furious.

I internally prayed for Aarav; he was right now playing with fire.

✩✩✩

I really want to know your guys opinion on this chapter.
So do tell me.

Vote and Comment

Thank you.