Epilogue

December 12, 9:55am

Fortitude.

That’s how I’d faced my life forever. I had faced my pains and troubles with courage that was way more than what the situations usually demanded. I wasn’t just happy today, to stand behind these walls painted with confident white, but I was more than overwhelmed to be living life like this today. It’s crazy how the things might change overnight; but what’s more bewildering is that I’m no more an ordinary Indian citizen living in London, UK.

Currently, I’m living the life that is not only the dream of every teenager, but was also my forlorn desire someday in my past phase of life which had ultimately made me fight for my present state.  These transparent white sheets drawn before the tall windows, which further hid a breathtaking view of Bradford’s streets, reminded me that beyond every obstacle would be a brighter tomorrow. The wide mirrors that surrounded the white washed walls of this fine room were just another reminder of my own reflections. Obviously I’ve changed tremendously ever since Zayn Malik made a proposal to me. But what mattered was the way we both had faced it… Together.

Life hadn’t been easy after Zayn announced our engagement the very day Amanda got married. We had faced a lot of criticism, the words I’ve never even dreamt of anyone saying to me. Zayn had warned me about all this, of course, but it wasn’t that easy for him either. In fact, he was extremely affected, more than me even. Two months. It took two whole months for all the fans to shush and the twitter trends to finally contain topics other than me, Zayn and Perrie. No doubt there were some people, who totally adored me and thought I was better than Perrie even, but what is one red rose in bouquet of million black ones?

However, it was combined efforts of the boys, Zayn and surprisingly, the management which bought down the virtual racket and finally, I was accepted whole heartedly. Probably my voice was something that made up for the commotion? Well, Zayn had published an Instagram video of me singing their latest single, The Story of My Life and it shot up to like 1930849203527 votes in a moment. That’s when all the raged people were finally bought down to calmness and the media decided to wander off to other important topics too.

I mean, give me a break! It’s my life. No one had a right to teach me how to live it anyways.

Besides.  Zayn… He is the reason why I had all the courage and forbearance to survive. These entire rackets just proved how much strong the two of us were. We didn’t let go off each other even once and neither did we bother about what the others had to say. He still made love to me with the same intensity, not an inch of his body demanding for composure. He loved me. I’d often stay up late at nights looking at his divine face and holding him in my arms, wondering off to all the pains we both had faced to make it up to that moment. No one could deny the face that I loved him with every fiber of my body!

“Lost in thoughts again?”

I turned around slowly, noticing that I couldn’t be risking myself with fast movements now.  It was none other than my beautiful Maid Of Honor.

“You could say that,” I smiled and hugged Pops. She walked me to one of the vast mirrors and looked at me from top to bottom. It didn’t take her too long to make a sensible remark.

“You look magnificent, Rach,” she concluded.

“Your none less,” I bumped my butt into hers.

“Hey!” Melanie, my wedding gown designer shouted at me from behind, “No smudging my masterpiece!”

“Alright, Miss.” We both spoke in unison.

Melanie began correcting the pleats of my vast gown, which had lots and lots of diamonds and pearls rolling down its lengths. The gown was indeed a masterpiece woven out of sheer silk material. The corset was a boat neck pattern which had lots and lots of white embroidery with zillions of small diamonds closely stitched in floral patterns. The sleeves were made out of net like material which fell till my knuckles and covered some portion of my back, which had a deep U-cut. The hem of the gown was a wide chapel length train, which joined with the long train of the net veil which fell from inside my bun. My hair was also studded with diamonds and I sported nothing but Zayn’s diamond necklace and similar heart shaped earrings.