Chapter Four

Zayn

“It was a great day, people,” I hugged my cousins Ali and Aaroosa and waved at the rest of my crew which included Farhan, David, Salma and Aliya, “I’ll see you all soon.”

“Sure, Zayn,” Aaroosa ruffled through my hair as always and turned towards Perrie, “Hope to see you soon too, Pez.”

“Likewise,” Perrie hugged Aaroosa quickly and we got down the SUV.

Ali made a quick turn around the curve and drove away swiftly, taking the noisy racket along with him. I turned towards Perrie was looking at me with a cute smile, “I had a great day, mister,” She kissed my cheek and hugged me tightly.

“Of course you did,” I joked and held her around the waist.

Just as we were proceeding towards the main door, my ears caught a strange rustling coming from the back of the garden. I arched my back and stared at the widespread darkness. All I could truly spot amidst the extensive murkiness was a shiny pendant and a pair of bright eyes that glowed brightly in the light of the pendant. It didn’t take me even a second to realize those pair of orbs, staring right into me, I didn’t budge a muscle. My tracks were frozen as though I had seen a monster, but at the same time I didn’t want to stop staring into her eyes.

They looked so very real that a wicked thought hit my mind and I literally felt like sprinting towards those eyes and holding the bearer in my arms forever. But as wildly as my thoughts could race, I also knew that I was only hallucinating.

My gaze adverted to the ground and a smile crept on my face. When I looked back up, the eyes had vanished and the darkness had again taken over. I smirked at my stupidity and grabbed Perrie closer to me. She obviously wanted to know what was going on, but I didn’t find it important to tell. In fact, I didn’t even find it important to think about it myself.

"Hey Bro!" Waliyha greeted me with a lot of love, for a change. Not that she hates me or anything, but it’s just that we have a very typical bro-sis relationship. It’s not that we are sworn enemies or anything; I mean how could I possibly hate such a cute brat? But we just fight over nonsense things.

 "Aren't you a bit late?" She wanted to know as she held Perrie’s hand and we walked into the foyer.

I looked at her in a very confused manner because I was one million percent sure that something was up at my humble abode tonight. Waliyha never treated me with such affection. Ever.

Pez sat on the sofa and I flopped down besides her, breathing in the delicious aroma of veggies and chicken.

"I don't think so. I thought you wanted us out of the house?" I smiled sarcastically, “What’s mum cooking by the way? Samosas?”

“That’s one hell of a sensitive nose, love,” Mum came out of the kitchen, wiping her hands and placed the cloth on the table, “We were waiting for you.”

“You missed a lot, brother," Safaa came running towards me and sat on my lap, innocence evident in all she did and said.

Honestly, my life was a total rollercoaster, given the fact that I usually got to travel around the world with four awesome boys with me. But just as much as I loved to be in spotlight, I missed my folks a lot. My mother and sisters were the reason my spotless entity had an ardent void right in the centre of my heart. Even though I’d call my mum ten times a day from Australia, my premature senses would often call for a motherly hug. There was no denying the fact that I missed every single one of them.

"Really?" I asked holding her tightly to my chest and leaning forward to peck her on the cheeks.

"Yes, you did! You know who is here?" She asked in a chastised manner, her bright blue eyes shining brightly for a second.