Chapter Twelve

Rach

I stood on the pavement before Wal-Mart, trying to find myself a way back home. But unfortunately that seemed very difficult for me at the moment. It was pouring heavily and both of my hands were occupied with heavy brown packages stuffed with groceries and also an umbrella hanging awkwardly in the crook of my neck, with some support from my occupied hands. You might think why don’t I just let the umbrella go, but getting wet in such a windy climate is not worth it! As long as the umbrella protected me from dripping head to toe, I didn’t really mind! All I had to do was reach my phone but there wasn't even any space for me to take out my phone.  

 Ugh! I hate such situations and the feeling of being helpless.

The past couple of days had been extremely cold and awfully busy. I had been rushing all around the city to get the designs for our dresses, perfected. And my companion had been only an umbrella. Obviously I couldn't be dependent on Pops, since she had her own horrible job to do- Phone call all her relatives. I'm sure she was having a tough time anyways!  

 I had breathed a huge sigh of relief last evening knowing that Saturday (today) was going to be a day-off for both of us and finally we would be roaming around in London. But that was until I walked into the kitchen and notice that there was hardly any food to support us for the following week which was going to be equally tiresome as this week. I asked Pops to accompany me, but as I know it, she isn't one of the biggest fans of grocery shopping. She totally detests it... Just the way I detest clothes shopping.  

So here I was, holding two brown packages and a hopelessly big umbrella, waiting for either a bus or a cab to show up but they never seemed to even arrive for me. It was getting exceptionally cold, my knee length coat making it easier for the shivers to run through my legs. 'Argh! I wish I wore some jeans!' I mentally cursed myself and my poor dressing sense. Thankfully, the boots which I wore were helping me shield some part of my calves and feet.  

 I decided to walk towards a bench which had the canopy of a large tree over it, preventing it from getting wet. I decided to place my bags on it and call Pops to pick me up.   Still shivering, I dialed in her number on my phone and waited for her to pick up.  

 "Hey!" I shrieked at the top of my lungs, attracting a few people passing by. Shit. I am always successful in grabbing attention of people when it is most unnecessary.  

"Where the hell are you?" I whisper shouted, hoping to keep it soft.  

"Rach, I'm at Amanda's place. I still have to call many people. Do want something?" She asked softly; clearly indicating someone' presence around. She never replied to my harsh statements calmly. Like ever.  

 "Yeah, I need you to pick me up somehow. I'm on this isolated bench before Wal-Mart." I commanded.  

"I'm really sorry, babe. I told you I'm damn busy at the moment." She spoke thoughtfully, "Why don't you call Zayn?"  

 I felt some adrenaline rush into my veins. Maybe she was just trying to help me, but I was in no state to take that stupid advice. I mean, I can't even handle myself around Zayn and what am I even going to do after calling him here. Besides, he'll be busy in his own work, why should I disturb him? 

"Yeah, Thanks. That helped." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Doesn't he have his own life to care about?  

"I was just giving you some advice, ok?" She mumbled, "Oh!" came her exclamation indicating that she was reminding me of something, "And by the way, I hope you haven't forgotten about your dress. You need to go and check it out at Westfield’s...”  

 "Shit!" I slapped my forehead hard, and rubbed it because that actually hurt. How could I even forget a part of my job? So I am now officially stuck up between nowhere. A sudden question came up in my mind, "When are you going?"