34 - Y/N L/N

July 26, 1944
Marigny, France

"Get to cover! C' mon! Turner will lead the maneuver element into the square! Our job is to lay suppressive fire from that church!" Pierson informed us, slightly out of breath, "Any questions? Good!"

As Pierson gripped his Tommy gun and started to run off, Stiles immediately raised his hand and yelled out, "I have a question!"

"Save 'em up Stiles, you'll win a gold star. Let's go!"

"I think I'm his favorite!" Stiles said before we all started running after Pierson.

We were finally in Marigny, trying to take it from the Germans which we knew they weren't going to give up very easily. If we could pull this mission off, it would get us one step closer to kicking them out of France.

So far, we've managed to reach the middle of Marigny. The most important thing for us to do is get to the bell tower in the church so we can have a better view of the Krauts and all their artillery positions around the city.

We had been woken up early this morning to get started on our mission. The night went by very fast and I felt exhausted as we walked towards Marigny. Since we got very little sleep last night, most of us stayed quiet as we walked. Aiello looked extra pissed too so we made sure to leave him be.

All we really needed above anything else was some more sleep. Zussman ended up failing at keeping watch and giving in to his tiredness because when I woke up this morning, I found him fast asleep on the floor. I had a feeling it wasn't just our lack of rest that made him fall asleep, but also the wine we had drunk last night since it didn't help me stay awake.

As we ran towards Pierson to start pushing back the Krauts, planes were flying over us and bombing nearby buildings. The ground shook, but we quickly caught our balances and headed for some pieces of a stone wall that were still holding up. I could hear bullets hitting against the stone as I took cover.

"I need cover fire on the left, everyone else flank right!" Pierson ordered.

I quickly loaded up my Thompson M1928 and started shooting at the Krauts from over the stone wall. I had to say goodbye to my M1 Garand due to the fact that it was too slow to work with. The fighting was getting much quicker the more we advanced into France and I couldn't risk going into battle with a slow gun. Although I loved my M1 Garand, I liked how quick the Thompson was and its ability to hold a lot more ammo.

Pierson ordered us to secure the torn up house that was in front of us as soon as he saw that there weren't too many Krauts surrounding it anymore. I spotted an automobile that I could use for cover and informed everyone that I was moving up before running towards it. I wanted to try and clear that house as quick as possible.

"I'll cover you!" I heard Zussman say from behind me.

The explosions grew all around us and for a moment I thought about Zussman's pendant necklace and hoped it would provide us with some help. I then took a deep breath from behind the cover of the automobile and started aiming at the last of the Krauts near the house. Since I was on the right side of the house along with Daniels, we had to start flanking the Krauts as Pierson had ordered. It didn't take long for us to make eye contact, nod at each other, and run towards the house together.

When we stepped into the house, I noticed Krauts on the bottom and top floor. Daniels tried to take out the ones on top while I focused on the ones on the bottom. Eventually, the rest of the men were able to join us in the house and helped us clear it out. There were a few doors up ahead that led to the street the church was on so we headed that way. The Germans were firing at us like crazy which stopped us from going very far once we stepped out of the house.