Chapter 29

• Didedikasikan kepada Sandra

Chapter 29

 1 week later...

~Niall Horan~

"Niall... Niall, wake up."

I sprang forward as my eyes flung open. I looked around the white room as my eyes feel on Alex's motionless body. She looked the exact same as she looked last night, the night before and even three weeks ago. Her eyes were closed shut as her chest continued to grow before sinking with each shallow breath.

I shuffled around on the hard chair that I had been sleeping on. My legs felt stiff and sore from the awkward sleeping position. For the past week I had been sleeping on that exact chair every second night.

"Ella is on her way here... remember we had to talk."

I finally looked up to see where the voice was coming from. My eyes locked with Harry as I quickly turned to look at the clock. It read eight thirty in the morning which I meant I had only gotten at the most three hours of sleep.

A few days back Ella said she had to talk to us about something.

"Do you know where we have to meet her?" I ask.

"Yeah... in the cafeteria." Harry replied.

"Okay, let's go." I say.

Harry nodded as he began to head towards the hallway while pulling his cell phone out of his pocket. He hesitated at the door way before slowly turning around to look back over at me. "Niall..."

"...What?"

"You should, w-well, you should really go home and try to get some rest." He spoke softly.

"No!" I glared at him. "I'm not going anywhere until Alex wakes up."

 I watched as Harry sighed heavily giving up and heading out of the room. I turned back towards Alex as I reached my hand up and brushed her hair behind her ear. For the past week Ella and I had been trying to spend every second of the day here with Alex but apparently the doctors didn't agree so much with that idea. And Ella wasn't so keen on me staying with Alex either. We both took turns staying the night with her; with me staying every second night and Ella every other.

Apparently the idea of us sleeping on a hard hospital chair every night was completely out of the question.

There was only one thought stuck in my mind, one unanswered question that haunted be both awake and sleeping; will she ever wake up?

Alex still hadn't shown any signs of awakening but I knew I would never give up on her. I would stay at her bedside for all eternity if I had to.

~ * ~ * ~

The lads and I were currently waiting for Ella in the hospital cafeteria. I glanced at the door way of the cafeteria and saw Ella walking in with a sling bag resting on her shoulder.

"Hi." Liam told her and she smiled in return. She took a seat across me, digging into her bag. She removed a paper and a recording tape and placed it on the table.

"What's this?" Zayn asked.

"Have a look yourself. It's something Alex and I wanted to tell you the day y'all got the recording tapes." Ella replied.

Liam opened the paper and started to read it. He placed his hand on his forehead as he passed the paper to me. I read it and came to know it was an entire plan of the people who were planning to destroy us at the interview.

"It's what Alex got the day we went to Ben and Jerry's. We showed it to Dave and that's how we found out what they were going to do at the interview." Ella spoke softly. "Hear the tape as well." She adds later.

Louis grabbed the tape and pressed play. We listened to it carefully. My eyes widened by the time the tape finished playing.

"So the tape which we got was just an edit?" Liam asks look at Ella.

"That's what we tried to tell you that day." Ella says. She takes the tape and paper and keeps it in her bag.

"Ella, we're sorry." Harry says softly.

"Don't tell me sorry, tell Alex sorry." Ella said and with that she gets up and leaves the hospital cafeteria.

~ * ~ * ~

I struggled to stay awake as I rested my head against the side of the hospital bed; sleep had consumed me.

~

"Alex, please, please wake up. I love you and I can't lose you. If you don't wake up... i-I just don't know how I will manage. Please wake up."

David's whispering cries forced me to open my eyes. My eyes feel on David; he was sitting on the other side of the bed.

David was looking down at his sister as tears rolled down his cheeks.  I heard soft foot steps behind me.

"David...?" Ella's voice forced David to quickly wipe the tears off his face. "I'm going down to the Hospital cafeteria."

"O-okay." David mumbled back.

"Come with me, please."

"But, Alex...."

"Niall's here." Ella said glancing at me.

"Yeah, but..."

"Please, come eat with me."

David hesitated for a long moment before replying. "Fine."

Suddenly I was thrown into a world where Alex no longer existed, where I was forced to live without her when I'd really just found her.

She was the other half of me. Even if I believed in that kind of shit, I knew she was the one for me. If she didn't live through this...No. stop thinking like that. She was going to live! If she didn't I wouldn't be able to handle it.

My thoughts were cut short when I heard beeping. I glanced at the monitor, then back at Alex.

She tried to open her eyelids. A voice muttered something, but the words didn't make any sense; they sounded warbled, as though I was listening through glass.

I felt her finger move slightly as I glanced at our hands.

Was this it? Was she going to wake up?

There was a loud beep. She blinked, her eyes still closed. She was mumbling something. Although I couldn't comprehend what she was saying. But it got clearer. And it was the one thing I've been waiting to hear.

"Niall."

*************

A/N

Early update! Thank you so much for 5k reads. I really want to thank everybody who is reading, love you all xx

Dedicated to one of my best friends, Sandra. Thank you so much for being very supportive towards me. 

*Vote, Comment and Share*

-LiveToDream01