CHAPTER 16: Hot heads

******

August, 2014

Beautiful, and weird was the only thought that crossed Nina's mind when she saw the representative woman ushered into the office. She choose Chris office for the meeting and was seated in his Chair when she entered.

Nina perused her from head to toe, she hated how the other woman acted oblivious of her beauty like a plain wall flower.  She also had a sanctimonious, holier than thou attitude.

Chris liked her. He didn't even know it yet, so she was going to find out how much he did and what exactly he liked about the plain woman. The thought left a bitter taste in her mouth.

The way he defended her during last nights call was weird and it hurt Nina much more than he knew. He always defended her and only her like that. Since Christina and David, he has had only Nina defended only her and loved only her.

"Hello Miss, your guest is here." The new secretary called out gently.

"Alright. Send her in," Nina answered with a clipped smile and swivelled on the black leather chair.

To pretend to be busy she tapped absentmindedly on the computer. Chris had all his tables designed in such a way that the desktop was in a slightly slanted underlay built into the table. Instead of the desktop to be on the table it was inside. This way the kinks associated with bending your head down to stare at a table all day was eliminated. The table helped you maintained a straight back while using your device. It had a glass topping with black painted edges.

Does she even know who Chris is?She thought for a split second

He never showed it, but Chris was rich although from a rich home his wealth was made with his sweat and blood. After running away from home at the age of 14, then making it abroad.

Chris owned his company, with almost 4billion US dollars in net worth. He was good looking and  kind, he was every woman's dream. He was Nina's every dream.

"May I sit?" Pamela asked gently and politely. Nina glued her head to the screen so she could act like she didn't notice when Pamela entered.

Nina noticed that the other woman looked slightly put off  not finding Chris here and liked that.

Nina flipped her straight pixie cut wig from her face and motioned to the chair, "Please do".

"Welcome to CHANCE corporations," she continued, drumming her brightly painted orange nails on the table.

"Thank you. I am here to sign a transfer of shares deal," she replied in that silky voice of hers, meeting Nina's icy glare heads on.

Nina could faintly detect an American accent and the way she acted so graceful. Face so blank and peaceful almost like she didn't see her as a threat which irritated her more. She was going to wipe that smug look off her face when she sees the new deal.

Chris was giving her eighteen percent which was double what her shares deserved. Nina couldn't understand why Chris didn't just buy the shares rather than exchanging them with new shares. This once she thought he was thinking with his male member and not his brain.

The tacky lady was trading thirty percent of a low life company for CHANCE, the highest she should have gotten was ten percent. Luckily for her ten percent was stated in the legal document she had prepared.

"Here," Nina handed her a file with sheaves of papers for her to sign.

Pamela scanned through the document, and Nina studied her. Her eyebrows were bunched up in confusion, "This is way below what we agreed on yesterday."