forty two

"no!" louis stomped his foot. "i love you more!"

harry crosses his arms. "you're very argumentative," he claims.

louis scoffs and mocked his crossed arms. "i don't even know what that word means!"

the older lad stopped and cooed, reaching over to pinch louis' cheek. "you're so cute."

louis scrunched his nose and smacked harry's hand. "you're mean to me."

"am not," harry defends and wraps his arms around louis, nuzzling his nose against his cheek. "i love you very very much."

"louis loves daddy," louis murmured and slipped his hands under his lover's shirt. "can we go out for dinner tonight?"

harry pursed his lips in thought and kissed his face all over. "whatever you want, baby boy."

"yes!" louis cheers and leans up to kiss him. "can we go to the cheesecake factory?"

"you just want cheesecake, don't you?" harry grinned.

louis nods shyly. "you said whatever i wanted, and i want cheesecake. no takesies backsies."

"alright, dear," harry chuckles. "go get dressed. put on something pretty for me, okay?"

"can do," louis nods curtly and happily accepted the kiss harry offered before heading upstairs. he has had a few good days recently with barely any pain and he was always hungry. harry went to the store in the middle of the night just so he could get the soft pretzels you can bake in the oven because that's what louis was craving. oh, and a tub of ice cream. sweet and salty deliciousness.

plus, since louis was nearing his due date in just five short weeks, harry wanted to make sure they could spend as much time together as possible before the baby arrived. they both knew this would be a life changing thing and they couldn't think about themselves anymore. from now on, they would have to get a babysitter to go out on dates or wait until the baby was asleep before louis could give harry a blowjob before bed. balancing parenthood and a relationship may be hard.

louis searched the big closet for something comfortable. it was pretty warm outside but not too hot to where louis had to be almost naked to be comfortable. and the only thing he was able to wear at the moment was maternity jeans or yoga pants. he snagged one of harry's solid black tee shirts and found a light pair of jeans, changing into them and lifted harry's shirt over his belly to look in the mirror. his tummy was dropping lower, meaning his son was getting into birth position but he knew he would have to surgically remove oliver so he wasn't too worried.

harry quietly slipped in the room and changed from his white tee to a nicer button up. they were going to a nice restaurant after all, plus harry was a businessman -- if you count selling drugs and committing murder "business" -- so well-dressed was his middle name.

"i wish you could be pregnant forever," harry says as he does his last button.

louis turns, belly still poking out and smiled. "i'm actually really miserable."

"but you're so beautiful," harry says. "look at you. you're glowing. pregnancy was meant for you, my love," he walks towards him and kisses his tummy. "i want you to have all of my babies."

"we could work something out," louis hums and strokes his hair. "but right now i just wanna focus on beebee boy right here."

harry nods and presses one more kiss to his stomach before guiding his lips to his fiancé's. "understandable. maybe in another year?"

"maybe," louis whispered. "hurry up. i want some freaking cheesecake."

---

although they went to some italian restauraunt for actual food first, louis enjoyed every minute of it. he got the basic fettuccine alfredo but it was so good that he cleared his plate and harry bought another round to take home. harry opted for a twice baked lasagna, his personal favorite. louis thought it was alright but his alfredo definitely topped the charts.