Twenty-Two

By the fourth dancer, Steve was becoming increasingly concerned that maybe Bucky wasn't dancing. Steve kept trying to get a glance backstage in hopes that he'd spot Bucky, but no such luck. Worrying his bottom lip with his teeth, Sharon reached over and set her hand on Steve's knee, causing him to stop jiggling his leg.

While Steve glanced over at Sharon, Sharon kept her gaze on the dancer on stage. Steve could feel his racing heart and he wondered if he had gotten the days mixed up. Maybe he was supposed to meet up with Bucky yesterday. If that was the case, did Bucky think that Steve intentionally stood him up? Steve's chest clenched and he took out his phone. From underneath the table, Steve quickly opened his messages.

All Steve wanted to do was make sure that he had his days right in hopes of easing some of the anxiety. Steve would feel simply terrible if he had mixed up the days. After all, it seemed like Steve was constantly waiting to see Bucky again. As though Steve was almost craving Bucky. Or at least, Steve was craving Bucky's attention and the natural sexual chemistry that they obviously shared.

"Let's all give a nice round of applause for Desiree Vu!" The announcer declared, as the curtain fell closed behind him. He clapped along with the audience before conceding, "She is wonderful." Once he was informed that the stage was clear of Desiree's costume and props, he announced, "Now everyone, it is my personal pleasure to introduce the one, the only, Jimmy Blue!"

Snapping his attention towards the stage, Steve held his breath and slipped his phone back into his pocket. As the curtain rose, Steve held his breath; impatiently waiting to see what Bucky had in store for them. Personally, Steve hoped that Bucky had planned some of the choreography specifically with Steve in mind.  Steve knew that it would be a long shot and a bit conceded, but he still hoped.

The audience erupted immediately into uproarious applause when Bucky was revealed. Long dark brown hair twisted back into a sophisticated ballerina bun. Wearing a black long sleeve top and a pair of gray sweats while doing the splits mid-air thanks to two blue aerial silks that were strategically wrapped around his muscular legs. A smirk tugged at his naturally red lips as the club filled with the sounds of Rihanna.

Come here rude boy, boy, can you get it up; Bucky gripped the aerial silks and began pulling himself up. Hanging onto the blue silks, Bucky made sure that he had a strong grip on them before bringing his legs up and wrapping them around the silks above his head as he hung upside down. Maneuvering the silks until he it was secure around his pelvis and rearranging his grip on the material, Bucky delicately dropped his legs so they were parallel with the stage.

Bringing his left leg up and using his foot to twist the silk securely around his muscular leg, he elegantly kicked his right leg back. Bucky dropped both legs from the silks and used his muscular arm and upper body strength to roll his body further up the silks. After four rolls, his back was facing the audience and he was holding himself up with his arms wrapped in the blue aerial fabric.

Flirtatiously, Bucky ran his legs together while giving a jaunty look over his shoulder. Then he expertly flipped once, catching his right leg in the silk. From Sharon's other side, Pepper gasped, along with many other audience members. Including Steve. Steve's eyes were glued to the brunet on stage. There was no way that Steve could look anywhere else as Bucky continued his aerial routine.

There were some more flips as Bucky moved up the blue material until he was at the top. He straightened his body so it was parallel with the stage. Quickly maneuvering the material around his thigh, he securely dropped, hanging upside down. With the strength of his torso and legs alone, Bucky removed his black long sleeve top, tossing it to the stage. Underneath was a neon green strapped bodysuit that showed a lot of Bucky's skin, but not nearly enough for Steve's liking.

Bucky moved upright again and kicked the material out from between his legs before holding on with one arm to show just how strong he was. Then, grabbing on with both hands, he brought his legs up to remove the gray sweatpants. More of the neon green bodysuit was revealed and soon, Bucky was expertly wrapping the blue material around his torso, pelvis, and thick thighs.

In a flash, Bucky dropped down the aerial silks, pulling the elastic from his bun as he dropped. The whole audience gasped that time as the only thing that caught Bucky was the material expertly wrapped around his legs. With a large smile, Bucky raked his hands through his long, silky tresses, shaking them out playfully.

If Steve thought that Bucky's first routine was beautifully choreographed and well executed, it paled in comparison to this routine. Steve watched in awe as Bucky did more flips and twirls, ending upside down with the splits.

The curtain closed then and the announcer declared, "Jimmy Blue everyone!" The audience was so in awe of Bucky's routine that they gave Bucky a standing ovation. Due to the standing ovation, Bucky peeked out from the curtain and blew the crowd a kiss, pairing it with a jaunty wink.

"Wow," Sharon exclaimed into Steve's ear, leaning over to make sure that he heard her over the crowd.

Steve nodded and agreed, "Wow."

"Sure gives a whole new meaning to 'between the sheets,' huh?" The announcer stated as the crowd started settling down enough to introduce the next dancer. Theatrically, the man announced, "Now give a big, warm welcome for Sergeant Sexy, Miss Natalia, and Scarlet!"