chapter 7

Niall pov

Ok today's the day! I'm gonna do it. Rachel’s in the living room and the others are in the kitchen. I walk over other and sit next to her so that I'm facing her. She turns to face me and says ‘hey Niall!’

“Hi um Rach can I talk to u?”

“Sure! What’s up?”

“I was err wondering if you wanted to by my girlfriend?”

Rachel laughs and my facial expression drops.  I really thought I had a chance with her.  She notices my face and stops laughing. She says “wait are you serious?”  I nod my head because I can’t even speak.

“Oh umm Niall I like you as a friend and all but you and me…that wouldn’t happen…you know what I mean?”

I just nod and feel tears filling my eyes as she leaves the room.  I sit on the floor in a ball, pulling my knees to my chest.  I bury my head in my legs and cry.  I’m sooo stupid, how could I possibly think that Rachel actually liked me!!

“Niall?! Niall?!”

I don’t respond.  I’m too upset to answer and I don’t really feel like taking about it.

“Niall, please, you’re scaring me!” I hear Liam’s voice and it sounds like it’s on the verge of crying.  He shakes me and I open my eyes to see his face.

“Niall you were crying and I could hear you all the way from my room and you had me worried!” he says in a worried tone

“Sorry” I manage

“Was it a nightmare?”

Those words sink into my brain and realize it was only a dream, but was it a sign?  Maybe it’s a warning that I shouldn’t ask Rachel out!

“Yeah” is all I say

“You can tell me about it, when you’re ready”

I tell him the dream, while crying a little bit.  He hugs me and comforts me.  He tells me that Rachel would never do that, but I still don’t want to ask her out.

“How bout we go get some breakfast?” He says awhile smiling at me

“That sounds good” I say smiling back.  Liam is a great friend! He’s so caring and nice!

We walk down stairs after I wash my face from the tears.  Liam and I are the only ones up, so we just eat some toast.  We watch TV while we wait for everyone to get up and discuss what we are going to do today.

*later that day*

Rachel Pov

“So what would you like to do?!” Zayn asks

“Let’s play a game!!” Louis shouts

“How about truth or dare?!” Harry suggests

“Ok!” We all say and head to the backyard to play.  We sit in a circle.  I sit next to Liam and Zayn.  Harry is sitting next Zayn, with Louis on his other side, and Niall is sitting between Louis and Liam.

Louis starts off, "Haz, truth or dare?"

Harry replies "hmm I'm feeling quite daring right now so dare"

Lou smiles evilly "I dare you to go jump in the pool!..naked." *evil laugh*.

"ewww gross no!" I yell, cuz I most certainly do not want to see that!

"What? You don't want to see my sexy body?!" Harry says emphasizing on ‘sexy’ And winking.

I reply "that's disgusting!"