Chapter 6: February 6th

It was a new day. It was much colder outside than the days before. Also unlike other days, there were some cold emotions as well.

But just like any other day, the Gems stood around in the kitchen and living room, waiting for Steven to tell them what to do. Everything was the same.
Except it wasn't.

"So..." Steven begun to speak. He was sitting up on his bed and looking down at the Gems. "How are my favorite Gems today?" He smiled cruelly yet again.

Everyone quietly growled at him. This was all so sudden. He just went from best friend to worst nightmare in a day. He had always seemed a bit questionable about this whole contest in the beginning, but this was just too much for Steven.

"So Steven, I assume we're going somewhere new today...right?" Connie nervously asked, sitting on the floor in his room.

"Of course we are!" He stood up. "I was thinking bowling..."

Connie shrugged and got up. She slowly walked down the steps and over to the Gems.

"I don't know what's gotten into him. This was all for fun originally. I wasn't part of what he's planning now." Connie whispered to them.

But Steven could hear her loud and clear and just chuckled, pretending he didn't hear.

"We figured you weren't a part of this anymore," Pearl smiled weakly. "But even if he can use the power he has against us...will he?"

"'Steven' is lying. Why would Rose Quartz be Pink Diamond if Rose shattered Pink?!" Jasper exclaimed.

No one answered her question.

Connie frowned. "Honestly Pearl, I really don-"

"Of course I will!" Steven yelled, slamming his arm on the wall. "...maybe I'll even use it on Connie, too. If she continues to betray me." He crossed his arms. Connie's eyes widened and she backed away from the Gems.

"So c'mon. The bowling alley has been waiting long enough." Steven announced.

●♡●

The Gems rode squished together in the back of Greg's van, like always, as they rode to go bowling. Steven sat up in the passenger seat, and Connie sat in the back alone.

"So who's excited?" Steven said smugly, turning back to view the silent Gems.

No one replied.

"I said who's excited?!" Steven screamed, which made everyone terribly uncomfortable.

"Whoa, calm down buddy." Greg said. "What was that about?"

"Because Dad," Steven stood up in his seat. "I'm a gosh darn Diamond, and I deserve respect!"

"Sit down, Steven." Greg commanded.

"Why should I have to listen to a human?!" Steven exclaimed. Greg was honestly confused though.

"Wait a second...did anyone tell me that Steven was a-" Greg was confused.

The Gems minus Jasper shrugged. After several minutes the van pulled into the parking lot and everyone fled from the van.

"Hey Steven," Greg called, stopping Steven in his tracks.

He turned around. "Uh...yeah?"

"Please don't let...being a Diamond get to you." Greg smiled nervously.