CHAPTER SIX: SETTLING IN

We've just left the shelter, on the drive back to my home... our home. It was quieter than I thought it'd be, although, everything's going to be too new for them. Yoongi was trying not to fall asleep on Jimin's shoulder, which in return led to the younger hybrid talking to him, never mind, considering all the whining sounds coming from the younger cat hybrid, Yoongi must have chosen to take a nap. Taehyung and Hoseok are also sleeping in the back of the van, they have been energetic all day so far. They're probably extremely tired.

Namjoon is quietly watching Jungkook, who seems to be both very excited and scared. Excited to finally be out of that shelter. Scared to face the unknown, to face things that he's never had before, he's most likely scared to trust me too. He won't trust me or my intentions for a while. Seokjin is sitting in the passenger seat next to me, he is looking in the front mirror, at himself, he's telling himself that he's worldwide handsome and that no other man, hybrid or human, can compare to his handsomeness. He is defiantly correct, no point lying to the man, he is handsome.

It didn't take long for us to arrive at the house. "Hey, guys, we're here now, this is your new home from now on. This is your home for good, no more shelters," I told them quietly but still loud enough for the boys in the back seats to hear. "This is home now? For good?" Seokjin asked curiously with hesitation. "Yes, you guys can do whatever you'd like to in this house, eat whatever you wish, play around whenever and watch tv whenever what's mine is now all of yours," I replied to Seokjin's questions. I then went on to confirm with, "This is your home to now, you don't ever have to ask for my permission to do anything, you automatically have it." "You won't tell us off, yell at us, or make us do anything that we may not want to do? I'm sorry Y/N but it sounds too good to be true for us," Namjoon asked this time. "No, I won't ever do anything that could harm you in any type of way, you're free to make your own decisions. Whatever I do, the seven of you are free to do, we are equal here. I know that it may sound too good to be true, and I don't expect you to trust me right now, we barely know each other, it takes time and I'm willing to take that time to get to know you guys," I replied to his worried tone. "Oh, can we look around please?" Jimin asked. "Sure, the second floor has eight bedrooms, the one at the end of the hallway is mine, but the other seven are for each of you to choose as your own," I explained to them.

"Thank you! Thank you, Y/n. I never knew a human could be so kind, you even gave us our rooms, they never did that before, we all thought humans only cause abuse towards hybrids. They normally give us a cage as a room, or we're all placed in one room," Taehyung yelled excitedly with tears rolling down his adorable face, both from the joy of having his room and from remembering what must have happened to him previously. I guess they were put inside cages if they 'disobeyed' the shelter employees. "TaeTae, please don't worry. No one is ever going to hurt you anymore, not while I'm here, I will not allow them to. You guys are here now, I'll do everything I can to protect you," I explained to him but I'm sure with enhanced hearing the others could hear our conversation. The other hybrids had already gone off to look around the house, and to figure out which room they wanted. 'I have to remember to ask Yoongi if I can treat his wounds, I don't want them to get infected or get worse than what they already are. Even though he's a hybrid and he can heal faster than humans, I need to make sure that the wounds heal properly,' I thought to myself and made a mental reminder to check on the panther hybrid.

~TIME SKIP – 20 MINUTES LATER~

It took just 20 minutes for the hybrids to come straight back down the stairs and to the first floor. They had already figured out what bedrooms they each wanted. Seokjin came quietly down asking if they could change the rooms up and make them more personalised. "Y/N, could we make our rooms more 'our rooms', like our own styles and themes, because no offence but the rooms aren't my style," Seokjin asked excitedly. His expression then changed to being more of a worried one when he continued with, "You can say no of cause, I just thought I'd ask on behalf of myself and the others." "Jin, don't worry, yes you can defiantly change anything to your liking, I just left them as is right now, for when you guys wanted to change them. I do believe a few of the rooms have some of my things in them, but I will clean that out," I stated because the hybrids can do what they want. The bedrooms are their personal space now.