CHAPTER TWO: MEETING THE CARDINAL & GOLDEN RETRIEVER

"Hello, I was told that I had to speak with you if I wanted to talk with a hybrid," I approached the man who looked as if he were in his late 30s. He was the man that the receptionist told me to talk to. "Oh, yes, just tell me what hybrid you'd like to speak with, I'll walk you to the destination," the man who had dyed brown hair and sharp looks explained to me. "Umm, about that, I would actually like to speak with seven hybrids, but individually, if that's alright," I corrected the man. "Oh, okay, that's fine with me," the man replied hesitantly. 'Should I talk with the bird hybrid first? I may leave the bunny hybrid for last, as he looked terrified of me in the room before,' I thought to myself, then confirmed that I would speak with the bird hybrid first.

"I think I'd like to speak with the bird hybrid first, he had the fluffy denim jacket, then I was thinking the golden retriever with the light blue shirt," I told the man the first two hybrids that I would like to speak with first.

"The bird hybrid that you're talking about is Seokjin, the golden retriever would be Hoseok," the man told me the two hybrids' names, he then continued with, "Hoseok is very energetic and hyperactive, he's always moving and doing things, all Seokjin does is sing all the time, and he eats a lot, are you sure you can pay for all that food. These two hybrids have a sort of pack group too, they go everywhere together."

I'm beginning to hate this man, first of all, how can he speak like that about these beautiful hybrids, second, it's plain rude to speak this way, poor Seokjin is getting hated on for eating, he must enjoy himself. There's nothing wrong with Hoseok being energetic, and moving a lot, if he enjoys whatever it is he does, then that's fine by me. This man sounds like he highly dislikes hybrids, it's okay for him to dislike them, however, he does not by any means need to speak his opinion the way he does.

"I understand, Seokjin eating isn't going to affect me money-wise," I replied sort of rudely as I am now annoyed with the staff in this shelter. When he reached the doors to the private rooms, he led me in and asked me to take a seat. "I'll be back, please sit down on the seat and wait here, I'm going to get that bird boy," the brown-haired man stated while walking confidently down the hall we just came from. While I was waiting for the man to return with the beautiful bird hybrid, I decided to have a look around the spacious room. Taking mental notes about what the room looks like. I'm going to observe what the shelter is like, if it's really terrible then I will make a reminder to call the authorities. There were two very hard-looking chairs on either side of a small square table in the centre of the room. A bean bag was sitting in the corner of the room, next to the bean bag was a few animal toys.

I decided to sit down on one of the hard-looking chairs, and just like I had suspected they were quite uncomfortable. As I sat down the man from before came back through the door. He pushed Seokjin in and then threw the leash that he had around Seokjin's neck on the ground. The man looked disgusted like he couldn't believe that he had to bring Seokjin to me.

'How could people have collars and leashes on hybrids? It's cruel, they are literally people as well,' I thought with a very displeased expression towards the man, making sure that Seokjin doesn't assume it was aimed at him.

"Here's that bird boy that you wanted to speak with, if he tries anything aggressive or you're dissatisfied, I'll be outside," the man said rudely while glaring at Seokjin. "Yeah," I said with a bored tone, just wanting him to hurry up and leave the room. As he walked out, he slammed the door shut slightly. Seokjin flinched and stared at the door, as if he wanted to run straight back out of it, wanting to go back to the evil he already knew, instead of staying in the room with a stranger he knew nothing about. In the end, he figured staying with someone he doesn't know is less scary than facing the man that had just walked out. 

"Hello, you're Seokjin, right? I am Y/N Y/L/N, I just wanted to speak with you for a little, maybe ask you a few questions, are you okay with that?" I asked the bird hybrid quietly. "Okay, hmm, sure, but don't try anything lady. Yes, my name is Kim Seokjin, my 'FRIENDS' can call me Jin though," he replied bluntly with a sassy attitude as if he wasn't interested in the conversation, but he made sure to emphasize the word 'friends'. He sounds a lot different from what I had imagined him to sound like. "I won't try anything, don't worry, I promise you. I am in university, where I learn more about hybrids because ever since I was a young girl, I've always wanted to either adopt a hybrid or help them in any way that I possibly can," I replied to reassure the handsome bird hybrid.