"You ask so many questions, yet never do you appear to be scared with my answers, or for me," he said, shaking his head in disbelief. Lilian hummed and shrugged.

"I thought we all already knew that I am practically crazy if we talk about lifestyle choices and social skills. Now can you please answer my questions?" she pleaded, "I want to help you being as comfortable around me as possible... I'm scared that I'd hurt you if I come too close."

"Hurt me?" Jasper repeated, wide eyed, "Lilian Harper, you surely are special. And for you, there are few ways to actually hurt me. But truth to be told, I am in no pain around you."

"That answer I don't understand," Lilian raised an eyebrow at Jasper, her gaze asking for an explanation.

Jasper thought for a while, and Lilian figured he was trying to find words to explain. "I think you have to see it this way: for a vampire, everything has its own scent. The flora, the air and stones, for example, have a vanilla scent, it's not even debatable to eat one of those things. Humans, by contrast, all have their own scent that smells inviting, most of the times," Jasper glanced at Lilian, "but with you, there's none of that. You don't have a scent – or, better said, your blood doesn't have a scent. We vampires smell the blood of humans and animals, which thrives our thirst. Since your blood doesn't have a scent, I'm not thirsty for it."

Lilian nibbled her bottom lip questioningly, giving the words time to sink in. With every answer, another question came up.

"How come I don't have a scent?" She eventually asked, knowing that this question was bothering him as well.

"When a human is turned into one of my kind," Jasper answered, "there's a chance that the newborn vampire will possess... a gift of some sort. Perhaps, if you turned, you'd be untraceable to anyone... it's merely a theory." The blonde boy shrugged, his golden eyes fixated on his feet as the couple walked out of the woods.

"Do you have a gift?" Lilian asked him, promising herself that this would be the last question she'd ask him today.

Jasper slightly nodded, "My gift is pathokinesis, which means that..."

"You're an empath," Lilian stated, "you can feel the emotions of the people around you."

"And alter them," Jasper added, "if I'd like."

Lilian's gaze turned sharp, her blue eyes cold as stone. Jasper obviously sensed the change in her mood and stopped his tracks, staring at her with a shocked expression.

"You don't honestly think I altered your emotions, do you?" He voiced from her feelings.

"I don't know," Lilian bit back, "did you?" Her temper came into play, and Lilian knew that she wasn't judging the situation in the right way, but couldn't he have altered her emotions when they met? 

"I swear on my life, Lil," Jasper said, "I never touched your emotions."

Lilian glared at him again, "Surely that isn't much of an oath for you. You're already dead." Her words remained in the air for a while, and Lilian knew that it was a low blow, but her anger was in control of her.

Not willing to continue this conversation, Lilian turned her heels and called Hunter to follow her, walking back into her house.

"Surely that isn't much of an oath for you. You're already dead." Her words stung inside Jasper's chest, and he completely froze as he watched Lilian walk home alone. Hunter's tail was the last thing he saw before the door closed, and Jasper couldn't help but climb into one of the trees that gave him view to Lilian's room.

He watched her enter her room and saw her sit down the bed. Jasper wanted nothing but to get to her and swear to her that he had never used his gift on her.

His heart ached as he had to see how Lilian took her dog on her lap and buried her face in Hunter's fur. Was she crying?

Jasper couldn't help it. He jumped over to her opened window and went in without her seeing it. Her emotions were all over the place, and the longer he stood there, the sorrier he felt for even upsetting her in any way.

"I messed up big time, Hunt..." he heard her say to her dog, "I let that stupid temper of mine take over... I'm so stupid."

Jasper's eyes widened at the words that left her mouth next, and he was sure that if his heart was still beating, it'd have beaten rapidly at that moment.

"I didn't even tell him that I love him..." Lilian mumbled into the dog's fur.

"I love you too," Jasper said breathlessly as he stepped out of the shadows. Lilian jumped from her bed, startled by his appearance.

______

~ hope you liked it!

+ I wanted to ask you guys: should I put this story on mature content? It's not like there'll be R-rated scenes and stuff... there just... there going to be a few triggers and the language is pretty mature. Well I don't know, but do you guys think I should do it?