Epilogue

5 Years Later

"Do you have everything?" Lydia asked, smushing the last of her boxes shut and securing it with tape.

I got down on my hands and knees and peered under my bed, "I think so."

She clapped her hands together, "perfect! The boys will be here any minute."

As we stacked the boxes I thought about how strange it would be to leave Beacon Hills. This place had certainly brought me pain, but overall it had brought me peace. Beacon Hills gave me my identity and most importantly it gave me the people I would spend the rest of my life with. But it was time to leave.

"Okay ladies, let's get this show on the road!" Stiles called as he shoved the door open.

Scott followed behind him with a smile plastered on his face. He walked up to me and encased me in his arms, planting a kiss on my forehead. "This is it, baby," he whispered in my ear. "We're finally gonna be together forever."

I leaned into him and took a deep breath; not an anxious one, or one of terror, but one of relief. Leaving this place would be good for all of us. We fought so much evil while we lived here, now the fight is finally over.

I looked over to Stiles and Lydia who shared a quick kiss before Stiles began wandering around the room stacking boxes.

Lydia shook her head, "Stiles, will you calm down. LA isn't going anywhere."

Stiles began bouncing on the balls of his feet, "I know, I know." He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, "I'm just excited."

The apartment we rented in downtown LA was nothing special. Just two bedrooms and a small kitchen, but it was ours. Just the four of us against the world.

*

We arrived at the apartment just as the sun was beginning to set. Pink and purple rays of sunshine danced in from the window, painting the walls with their light. Our new home had a long hallway that led into the main room. We all stood in the hallway for a moment and set our bags down. Before I could make my way into the main room a pair of hands covered my eyes. I jumped at the sudden lack of sight, but calmed a little when I heard Stiles giggling behind me.

"Stiles... is there any particular reason you're covering my eyes?" I asked playful pulling at his hands.

"We have a surprise for you," Lydia said, taking my hand. "Just walk."

I rolled my eyes and did as I was told. We took a few steps then abruptly stopped, Stiles dropped his hands and there he was.

Scott McCall. In the middle of the living room surrounded by roses, on one knee.

My hands flew up to my open mouth and my heart began to race.

He grinned and pulled a small box out of his pocket, "Cali, will you-"

My feet were moving before I gave them permission and before I knew it I was screaming yes and pulling Scott up.

He laughed as I crashed my lips into his. After a moment of bliss he gently pushed me off of him and grabbed my left hand. I watched in awe as he slid a diamond ring onto my finger.

I was going to be Cali McCall.

*** A final note***

I would like to thank each and every one of you for going on this journey with me. This book has been a part of me for the past five years and it is all of you that kept me going. I am happy to announce i have a new dylan o'brien fan fiction out now!
-Love always

Somnambulist