Chapter Eleven: Flames & Evil Uncles

Chapter song: Woo - by Rihanna

"Please make it end" I sob

Time feels as if it is crawling by. I couldn't remember how long I had been awake but it felt like hours. My voice has become hoarse from all my crying and my skin still feels as if it is boiling.

After what felt like hours, but i'm sure was only a matter of minutes, Scott and his mom come bursting into the room.

My watery eyes meet Scott's sympathetic ones. "It burns, I just need it to stop burning." I croak, not breaking eye contact with Scott.

"I'm just gonna give her some more morphine" Scott's mom explains to him. She walks over and messes with the bag attached to my IV.

Merely seconds after, the burning begins to subside and my body is filled with a pleasant warm fuzzy feeling.

"Thank you" I sigh,

"I'm so sorry Cali" Scott whimpers moving across the room so he stands over me.

I open my mouth to argue but before I can, Melissa speaks. "I'll give you two a minute" She offers us a small smile and shuffles out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"I don't blame you" I say looking up at Scott, "I don't blame anyone. That hotel did this."

"I know but look at yourself. I can't help but feel responsible."

I follow Scott's order and take a second to look at myself. I'm dressed in a long back T-shirt that i assume is Scott's. My legs, hands, arms, and feet are wrapped in bandages. Small pockets of pus and blood stain the white bandage. The morphine takes away from the horror of it all and I am thankful I was pulled out before my neck and face were burnt.

It was good. Mhmm no burns on my head at all. That's good.

The warm feeling was more intense now. My mind began to get cloudy and my mood lightened.

"I don't look so hot." I giggled "Scott I feel warm."

Scott's expression lightened. "The morphine is starting to work huh?" He asked

"Mhmm" I cooed, licking my lips

He began to say something else but I was too distracted by the movement of his lips to listen. His lips looked so soft and I craved to feel them against mine again.

"Cali?" He asked snapping me out of my trance.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about kissing you again." I hiccuped. The drugs speaking for me now.

His head cocked to the side and an amused smirk covered his face.

"Have you had sex before?" I blurt out

Scott's eyes widen and his mouth falls open. "Um- should we really have this conversation now?" He asks shifting his weight uncomfortably.

Do i want to have this conversation now? Yes I think I do. As sad as it is I don't think i would have the balls to ask him if the morphine wasn't coursing through my veins. If we don't have this conversation now I fear we never will.